Worktop clamp cut out dimensions (im too cheap to buy a jig)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
You know - the dog bone type thing?

A jig is £30 odd, and i only want to do my own kitchen worktop.

I figure ill either free hand it, or run a jig off on my work cnc mill...

I know i can work it out, but id imagine theyre just standard - ive looked about and not been able to find the dimensions though, which is a bit odd?

I'd like to get it done this afternoon.

It's just a couple of holes and a connecting slot.

I guess I best start trying to work it out myself. I just assumed they were some sort of common measurement that evreyone knew!

That’s a photo under my worktop, no idea if it’s standard. It’s also 25mm deep.

0451067D-B3A5-4D98-B43F-C271E49C31C4.jpeg

F.

Attachments

• 0451067D-B3A5-4D98-B43F-C271E49C31C4.jpeg
    0451067D-B3A5-4D98-B43F-C271E49C31C4.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 102
Thank you

Given your job does not look quite like the jigs ive seen anyway, ill just make it up as i go along anyhow!

Thanks to all for the input!

The joining bolts are 150mm long, so half and half in the male and female sides of the join.
The male part of the joint protrudes 30mm into the female side, at least that's the dimension on my jig.
I don't think it matters as long as the two sides mirror each other but I'd be interested to hear how you get on if you do it free hand.
I do know that there are jigs and there are jigs, the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. It can be frustrating trying to get a good join with a crappy jig.

For certain,.....The bolt cutout that Fitzroy has shown is most definitely not the standard.....

Are you using a 12.7mm dia cutter with a 30mm guide bush, coz that's pretty much the accepted norm. Based on these sizes, I can advise you on the size of the jig cutout for the worktop bolts.

Back