Workshop window wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been trying to find a double glazed window for my shop. Have been round the local stores and ebay but nothing yet. Just wondered if anyone happens across one locally, Sheffield/Chesterfield, I'd be interested in investing :)

Quite an odd size, needs to be 6ft wide x 2ft high, though I could modify the opening a bit.

Cheers,

Martin.

This is a woodworking forum.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious...

... Why don't you make one? :lol:

Cheers
Brad

That has occurred to me funnily enough. Am going to have to beef up the frame anyway as it's replacing one of those silly perspex windows. Still have the problem of getting a double glazed window to go in the frame I make.

cameo glass will make any size units you want.

Where are you based in the uk?

Just ask any local double glazing firm - for a price for double glazed panel only, no frame. Should be cheap.

Adam

hi mart, i have a d/glazed upvc conservatry window spare, its about 51/2 foot long x 2 foot wide comp with glass if interested, im in barnsley. cheers col

I had some DG units made up for my shop, not too expensive either. I used obscured glass as I didn't want all and sundry to see my the stuff inside my 'shop. To add some additional security, it may be worth thinking about fixing some steel mesh (largish squares so that its see through) to the inside of the window frame as and extra deterrence factor. Wired DG panels :shock: (££££) units will leave you with not enough arms and legs to play with all your woodworking toys :lol: - Rob

Greggy, pm'd you about the window.

Was thinking either bars at windows of lockable shutters on the inside made of wood of course :)

Latest posts

Back