Workshop vacuum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandK

Established Member
Reaction score
My cheap Sealy vacuum cleaner sucked its last breath yesterday, after 7 years and £45 I think I can not complain. So I am looking for a replacement.
I was going to buy the Trend 30AF but see that Trend have discontinued them. Wonder why since it seem to be popular and well thought off. So I am looking for something similar to the Trend - a vacuum cleaner with blower and power take off , the power take off must be at least 1800 watt.

Any recommendations with a maximum of about £220 to spend?

Oh and not Festool can not take out another mortgage

Thanks
Jan

The cheap Aldi/Lidl ones are great I have one its powerful and quiet.

Pete

Thanks for the replies, I will definitely have a look at the aldi and Lidl vacuums. The link to the Festool is very tempting and I will look at Fein as well.
Thanks
Jan

I think you'll find that the Lidl (Parkside) version is only 1400w powertool take off. Unsure about the aldi version

I have the Titan one from screwfix. It is very powerful (more suck than the lidl/aldi version) and robust. I'm not sure about the PT take off but my mitre saw runs fine off it and that is more than 1400w. I think it cost about £60. Well worth it IMHO.

I had a bit of luck and was given a Draper wet and dry vacuum cleaner. It has no blower function, a short hose only 1.4m but it seems to do the job. The power take off is 2200 watts.

Only time will tell how good it is. I will buy a Dust commander with a suitable drum, this may increase the life of the machine.

Back