Workshop tour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berncarpenter

Established Member
Reaction score
As requested by Tom K here is the photos of my workshops ,Hope you find these interesting .Workshop no1 built about 20 years ago at the bottom of the garden when i moved in to our home.As you can see theres still a bit of work to finish off.

DSC_0015_zps80af4e49.jpg

DSC_1103_zps44cf4db7.jpg

DSC_0009_zps47f341a7.jpg

It didn't take me long before i grew out of this one and so in 2003 started the next

DSC_1106_zps49914e80.jpg

A garage for the van and a upstairs for hand and small work.I put doors front and back so that i can drive the van through and park in the back garden right up to the kitchen door.

DSC_0016_zpseeda2a83.jpg

Extension to the house built by me and then got the builder that i do the cut roofs for do the blockwork for the workshop.

DSC_0017_zps36fee0e2.jpg

DSC_0013_zps15e1561a.jpg

DSC_0014_zps612429f8.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsc3ec65e9.jpg

DSC_0004_zps1b007604.jpg

DSC_0002_zps773b2431.jpg

DSC_0001_zps55bf6721.jpg

DSC_0006_zps5538c34f.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsf637a78d.jpg

DSC_0011_zps9eb51bef.jpg

DSC_0010_zpseff29ca7.jpg

DSC_0008_zps98f9b525.jpg

I plan on getting my lathes and small band saw upstairs and make some around the wall base units with a nice big bench in the middle.Look forward to your coms good or bad .

Cheers Bern.

No skills":3ckmv45m said:
Very nice, bandsaw looks chunky.

The workshop is bigger than my house... sigh..
Thanks No skills
the bandsaw is a 3 phase Wadkin bought it about 6 years ago for £350 it came out of a furniture factory it was used for cutting the foam.Its a big old beast thats 8ft tall and weighs about a ton .Most of the machines are cheap old 3phase jobs bought for about the same price as a good battery drill.Workshop was built with double skin blockwork and insulated with Kingspan batts ,if i ever need to move it could quite easily be converted into a house or extra living space.When i applied for planning i went for as big as i could get away with .

Cheers Bern :D

Thanks Steve
When the banks were throwing there money around ten years ago i borrowed on the mortgage .I recently tried to borrow again and they told me that there would be no chance they give me anything and they couldn't understand how i manage to pay the mortgage i got.Oh well :roll: The build wasn't that expensive it cost me about the same price as a new car .I did allot of the work myself only getting the blockwork and floor done by a fellow builder .

Cheers Bern.

Fantastic shop.
Like mine (and many others no doubt), it's in close proximity of other properties. Do you get any problems with folks close by who for some reason don't appreciate the sound of a router table or a chop saw with extraction? Ran my RT last night at 7pm just for 5 mins and cringed throughout.

Great space. Be honest though - you tidied up before you took those photos, didn't you? ;)
One day I'll post pics of my workspace and the whole board will wet themselves laughing... :shock:

That's a great setup, I would say you lucky man, but I bet the harder you work the luckier you get, Good for you.

Peter

Thanks Peter Great Quote
I do count myself as being lucky but have worked very hard to get to this stage,The good thing for me is i love my work and dont really take much time out from it.

Fantastic shop.
Like mine (and many others no doubt), it's in close proximity of other properties. Do you get any problems with folks close by who for some reason don't appreciate the sound of a router table or a chop saw with extraction? Ran my RT last night at 7pm just for 5 mins and cringed throughout.

Thanks Grayorm
To be honest I'm not in a great location the neighbours make more noise than i do and they dont have power tools.They dont complain about me and i don't complain to them.

Great space. Be honest though - you tidied up before you took those photos, didn't you?

You got me Peter did tidy up first ,but i need to keep a clear pathway so i can get the van through to the back garden where its more secure .I dont like to leave the van in the workshop if its wet so its either tools off the van and leave out the front or tidy up and bring through to the back.

Cheers Bern :D

paul saunders":2annnshw said:
Is that spanner hanging on the end of the lathe big enough!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you've got big nuts you need a big spanner :shock: Its a 2'' ring for the Wadkin spindle moulder

DSC_0018_zpsbc3ea826.jpg

Also comes in handy for dept collecting.

Cheers Bern.

Love the old cast iron stuff, if only build quality on things were as good today. I do indeed envy the workshop but all the best to you, keep posting any projects up for us all to look at :)

No skills":364x18bx said:
Love the old cast iron stuff, if only build quality on things were as good today. I do indeed envy the workshop but all the best to you, keep posting any projects up for us all to look at :)
The old Wadkins are good value and as you said great build quality for money very cheap ,just a bit of a pain to collect and install in the shop so heavy.I have a few jobs i could post up but have to work all day tomorrow in my opticians shop whilst he is closed.I will get around to posting in the coming week .
Cheers Bern.

Back