Workshop re-organisation - phase 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger Sinden wrote:
religiously tidy up each mains cable when not needed
This is one of the things that I didn't want in my 'shop - trailing mains cables. IMO they are lethal so all machines are fixed in one position and any cables that do happen to trail are tidied up and cable tied to stand legs or something similar, the cable for the tablesaw which is in the centre of the 'shop runs under the floor (suspended) I personally think that there is enough danger in a shop when you are working on your own without adding to it by having tailing cables across the floor. We all work in different ways and find our own solutions to the way that we tackle things, mine was not to have trailing cables - Rob

woodbloke":3sk192np said:
Roger Sinden wrote:
religiously tidy up each mains cable when not needed
This is one of the things that I didn't want in my 'shop - trailing mains cables. IMO they are lethal so all machines are fixed in one position and any cables that do happen to trail are tidied up and cable tied to stand legs or something similar, the cable for the tablesaw which is in the centre of the 'shop runs under the floor (suspended) I personally think that there is enough danger in a shop when you are working on your own without adding to it by having tailing cables across the floor. We all work in different ways and find our own solutions to the way that we tackle things, mine was not to have trailing cables - Rob

In an ideal world I'd do the same. maybe when working patterns settle and I get a better feel for where the machines might permanently go then I'll try and do the same.

what about some of those hanging sockets?
i bought one off axminster sometime ago, a brennanstahl cube.

seems a good idea.

paul :wink:

I'm toying with the idea of cutting short the leads on my hand power tools and fitting male euro sockets., then I will only need one lead from the ceiling to cover the bench area.

good looking shop roger with stacks of potential
if this was mine i think id look at using some of the over head space and get all that timber in stick out of the way
would it be possible to put a ceiling in with attic access and store your wood up their ???

Back