Workshop Insulation a new product to consider

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
There has been some discussion recently on the desirability of insulation but also the problems with ventilation and the passage of water vapour and lack of definite infomation as workshops are not covered in the building regs.
I have read through the product info and feel that it addresses all these problems but at a cost it depends on how you cost your time i suppose. So for your consideration 'Foamseal'
http://www.foamseal.co.uk/
Note it has a shelf life open of 3 months so could be purchased for more than one site.

Widely used in the States I believe. Very effective as by nature of it's application, there are no gaps left to form cold spots. Not sure of the relative EI though.

Ike

I've heard it can cause problems if you ever have to do maintenance work on your roof - the foam is very good a preventing slipped tiles, but what if you want to actually want to remove some!

Jim

Jim Noble
That would be a very old roof with out sarking felt probably better if a small roof to strip and use modern breather felt and insulation, i would expect the nails in the roof to be past it anyway.

Extract from infomation sent via Building centre :-
'Loft conversions foamseal can be sprayed directly onto the underside of roofing felt to insulate'

Back