Workshop Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum,

Congratulations to Alf if she reached her 10'000 post since I last logged on , if not, get a move on. And by the way Alf, thanks for the advice on going for a second hand plane, it worked out well. Have lately been getting to grips with my first router and the biggest problems are with dust and my dust mask. Can anyone help with the following:

-Goggles always fog up when wearing dust mask, will a trend air-ace solve this problem ?
-What is the best solution for dust extraction in a very small workshop?
Am considering getting a trend t30AF to attach to router is this a good idea?

Thanks alot, paulc.

Hi Paul

I have the Trend and attach it to everything, it's superb! I attached it to my Triton and did quite a good job. With routers, dust extraction is never perfect so you'll always end up with a bit of dust, the best solution if your at all worried is a good ventilater mask - the trend is supposed to be great, but you can get cheaper/smaller units.

The Air Ace does prevent glasses from fogging but not of course from dusting over. Its a very good unit and if used when routing will prove to be more comfortable and less obtrusive than a full face visor.
I say that because I like to get in close to the router to fine adjust etc especially if its mounted in the table and a full visor would be a hindrance.
The Trend vac is also excellent and if fitted with the fine filter its even more effective. Its reasonably quiet and with its long hose is ideal for attaching to a router as well as all other hand tools.
beejay

Hi Paul

On the advice of this forum I recently purchased a Trend T30 AF, and it meets and exceeds all my needs - an excellent little machine with a great power take off feature. Don't hesitate.

Cheers

Rob

Latest posts

Back