Workshop day all day today on Discovery RT Extra.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Monkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Smith and Sweetman Workshop - till 13:30
Tommy's Ultimate Workshop - till 15:30
Cutting Edge Woodworker - till 19:30
Workshop Jon Built - till 23:00

Repeats of course, but I've personally never seen Cutting Edge Woodworker.

Jon

nola":17ykyk9g said:
Thank you, I just entered that lot into sky+ with groans of 'oh no' from the family. He he mwahahaha.......

Same here, except for Tommy W :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Excellent. Thats today sorted then. Pity its all repeats, sick of watching Tommy and his cockney chippie mate build that workshop, although the pneumatic adjustable mezzanine always impresses. No Norm? :norm:

Just been watching the Smith and Sweetman workshop quiet good.

We can all have a break from proper woodwork at 13.30 when Tommy comes on :lol: :lol: :lol: thats when I will pop out :lol:

Yes I have sky plussed it all, even tho I have them all recorded on my PC. Nice to have them on the TV if there's nothing on ever. Just been watching the one with Alan Holtham's workshop. If I was trying to do a Tommy Walsh pun, I might say it was nice to get Alan's Workshop 'On The Record'

Just been watching Smith and Sweetman, DID HE REALLY GLUE THE DRAWER RUNNERS FULL LENGTH!!!! on the chest of drawers. I was gobsmacked when I saw this and later on he mentioned nailing the back boards in place to allow for movement. :roll: Still it is good to see a woodworker who often makes mistakes, seems more like the real world. :wink:

Please don't all groan but would someone tell me where to get this info easily. Missed this last lot.

Jim :(

Gower":2vaztk8z said:
Please don't all groan but would someone tell me where to get this info easily. Missed this last lot.

Jim :(

If you are a sky customer, click on leisure and there you are. :lol:

Rich.

mailee":17ez5z1c said:
Just been watching Smith and Sweetman, DID HE REALLY GLUE THE DRAWER RUNNERS FULL LENGTH!!!! on the chest of drawers. I was gobsmacked when I saw this and later on he mentioned nailing the back boards in place to allow for movement. :roll: Still it is good to see a woodworker who often makes mistakes, seems more like the real world. :wink:

Yeah I noticed that as well. And also, did he glue the top of the chest of drawers on with biscuits? :shock: Not much allowance for the top to move there. It's still a good program, nice to see TV woodworkers using compass planes and cabinet scrapers. And that lump of teak looked beautiful

And here's me just signed up and fully installed BT Vision . Is most of this stuff to be seen on U Tube and would I be able to Download some choice picks from it ? If not it's Poirot , Antique versions of the Roadshow & The Professionals , on a twelve month contract , Humbug !!! Roll on 2010 . SWMBO says , good innit !!! Struth !!!

They didn't advertise it very well, I only learned about it from this post, so missed the first few episodes.

I've said this so many times It's just wasting energy, but why on earth do they have a single day of woody programmes then nothing for months? I would really really like to have a word with their scheduling executive. Other channels can do it well. DMAX plays things daily by series i.e MythBusters, How do they do it, American Chopper, Scrapheap Challenge. Same every day, so you know where you are.

wizer":2gk07ylq said:
They didn't advertise it very well, I only learned about it from this post, so missed the first few episodes.

I've said this so many times It's just wasting energy, but why on earth do they have a single day of woody programmes then nothing for months? I would really really like to have a word with their scheduling executive. Other channels can do it well. DMAX plays things daily by series i.e MythBusters, How do they do it, American Chopper, Scrapheap Challenge. Same every day, so you know where you are.

Yes I too would like to suspend the schedueling executive from his danglies and explain to him the needs of us woodworkers! :twisted:

"What a day" :D

I've been in front of the telly since 7 this morning, i got up early as this is my xmas holiday as I worked over the real one, my intention was to start prepping the garage for a revamp, made a brew, checked what was on, just in case, and blow me, "All Dayer

Just browsing the met now, wanting to buy everything I see

Cheers

Jed

It's The Salvager all day tomorrow, which is ok if you like rustic junk.

wizer":1bxno8ap said:
It's The Salvager all day tomorrow, which is ok if you like rustic junk.

Is he the guy whose idea of dust control is to tie a hankie round his head so covering his mouth & nose?
What is the micron rating of a hankie?

I like the bit in 'Cutting Edge Woodworker' where a banner flashed up on the screen to warn you always to wear eye protection when using an air nailer. Matey boy then proceeds to nail flexi ply on the sides of the CD rack with his nose 3 inches away from the business end and no goggles on.

You've also gotta love the amount of glue being sloshed around in the Smith and Sweetman workshop. I bet they come to clear up at the end of the day only to find all the tools are glued to the bench.. :D

Back