Working Contract

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone questioned the clauses?
Anyone else concerned? Perhaps you could share the cost of some professional advice.

Does the mile restriction apply to any employment? Or just the same sector? I wouldnt think there are many garden centres within 2 miles of each other.

Around here, most independant garden centres of any decent size seem to have been bought by Wyvale / the garden centre group, they are well run, but feel a bit impersonal in a Tesco's sort of way.

not sure that this contract will last that long anyway, we have a chap coming to view us on friday that has been 4 times already, he owns 8 garden centres and will probably have his own contract for us should he purchase us, will have to wait and see..

This sounds like a case for the labour union? If you join the union they will probably give you free legal advice anytime you need in the future. They helped be bring an employer to court for unpaid wages and paid the lawyer for me. I got most of my money. Getting a new job while running a court case againts my former employer wasn't easy but it was fully possible.

I would never sign a contract that restricts what kind of jobs I can take after getting quitting that job or getting fired. Never ever unless the contract states in writing that the employer will pay me a wage for the waiting time until I can get a new job.

TW; member of the construction workers union of Finland.

stevebuk":18tcp24i said:
not sure that this contract will last that long anyway, we have a chap coming to view us on friday that has been 4 times already, he owns 8 garden centres and will probably have his own contract for us should he purchase us, will have to wait and see..

Well TUPE would kick in if the company was taken over. But then TUPE is based on an existing contract....which you haven't got...although you have an implied contract by having worked there for eight years. You know what I am going to say...and it is the last time (promise)... go and see a professional . You are not going to get proper advice from a woodworking forum !

Latest posts

Back