Work van options

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbour has a Renault Kangoo passenger vehicle which is converted to take her wheelchair and they love it. had it a couple of years now, it's a 10 plate and has been no problem apart from being underpowered. though they do little mileage.

Bob

I've got a transit connect the higher roof version. It's been faultless so far in about 3 years (it's ex RAC, on about 130k). It's suprising how much you can fit in the back, doors go in diagonally with the cage behind the seats still in place. I haven't carried any 8 by 4 sheets on it as we always get them delivered. I would search for a better timber supplier to deliver your sheets for you before purchasing a van. It will save you a lot of time too.

Transits are fine apart from fixing the engines if they go wrong. Most more modern ones ie 2005 onwards ish are common rail diesel (TDCI) and cost telephone numbers if the fuel system fails. Also beware of dual mass flywheels - if you need a new clutch, you need the DMF as well so parts only circa £400.00. In fairness most if not all modern diesels are now common rail, theres no getting away from the bloody things!

what about old shape VW Transporter? almost classic status (surfers!) with the trusty VAG 1.9 TDI engine. The fact they hold their prices so well speaks volumes for the vehicle imo

Back