Work Light Recomendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoman76

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a work light, flexible type to add light on my bandsaw and lathe during the evenings when I get to escape to the workshop.

I was thinking of maybe something with a magnetic base and flexible arm to position in the right place ?

Your recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

David

Following a recommendation on this forum, I bought this to boost the general lighting in my workshop.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/diall-led-re ... 240v/7042k

I know its not what you were looking for but if you can find a way of rigging it to your workshop ceiling its a good buy.

I fixed mine so the charger is connected most of the time, but the light is still removable and usable in portable situations
It works really well and i additionally have a light for other tasks as well as a lamp if the power fails.

Being cool the light is much safer
Well worth the money and I am finding many uses for this as the days get shorter.

Search for sewing machine LED on ebay, you should get loads of results fore a magnetic base and flexible head and cost less than 4 quid each, I bought a bunch and put them on all my machines. They are quite small but give out a reasonable light, only drawback is they come with a 2 pin plug but using an adapter or fitting a 3 pin plug is easy enough and costs pennies. If you have one strong light source you get shadows, because these are cheap you can put a couple on and avoid that.

I bought led sewing machine lights from Amazon, put a proper plug on them and you're good to go. About six pounds each.

You could go ultra posh and use Lifx LED strips. They are very good and you can control them via a smartphone or Google Home...."turn the bandsaw lights on"

lol

Latest posts

Back