Work Bench for a lefty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown Bess, eh? I bet that was "interesting". Did it have a ball in it or was it just a powder charge? I bet they kick back somewhat when fully charged.

The SA80 thing strikes me as daftness. Using the carbine version in the urban environment it's intended for, it would be very useful to be able to fire left-handed if you could, even if you're a normally right-handed person. If an enemy knows the thing can only be fired right-handed, they know just where to aim...

But hey, it would probably be too awkward for right-handers ;-).

Another odd thing: I used to play bass (very, very badly). I never had any enthusiasm for a left-handed guitar, and I happily played right-handed, too. I still play trombone (very, very badly), but tend to mime it left-handed when thinking about playing something. I've tried to play it left-handed, but it feels very odd.

I must be very, very weird.

E.

Hi Eric,

Yes, the musket was loaded with a ball. They're .75 calibre so have quite a kick!

I once heard a couple of stories from a bloke claiming to be an ex-SAS soldier (said he was one of the guys who abseiled from the roof at the Iranian Embassy Siege) about the SA-80 - the first was a squaddie operating in a jungle had the stock "welded" to his face with DEET insect repellent. The second was another soldier with an early model SA-80 in Norther Ireland had his cheek ripped open by the cocking handle when he tried to fire left handed.

Mark

Back