Woodworm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a water based treatment called Constrain. I've worked with museums who insist on this or the Thermolignum process Richard has already mentioned
It's sold by Historyonics
The website has a lot of information on dealing with insect pests
Matt

Matt, Constrain is a permethrin formulation. It falls into the following category of insect pest control. Slainte.

Pyrethrins and synthetic pyrethroids: eg, natural pyrethrins, phenothrin, permethrin and cyphenothrin. Natural pyrethrins such as pyrethrum, derived from a number of species of the genus Chrysanthemum, eg C. coccineum have been used as insecticides for centuries. Gardeners in the know quite frequently intersperse their vegetables with chrysanthemum ‘companion plants’ to reduce insect damage to their prized crops. Natural pyrethrins are now supplemented by man-made pyrethroids, some of which degrade quickly in UV light, and others are very persistent and linger for a long time in the environment; this persistent characteristic makes these pyrethroids significantly more toxic to both man and insect pests than natural pyrethrins. It also means that only low doses of the most toxic formulations are required, but there are significant health risks to mammals and man if used indiscriminately or carelessly. The action of this group of chemicals is neurotoxic leading to death and their application is as dusts, powders, foams, sprays, and as liquids injected into infected objects such as furniture. Pyrethroids are effective killers of a wide range of wood boring beetles and other insects.

I recommend using a microwave emitter to fight the beetle. Recently, such instruments have appeared. The emitter simply fries the larva in the tree and does it quickly. The Beetles have destroyed the house of my ancestors. And recently started to eat my barn. For two days I managed to get rid of this pest.

Stanislav":2hhbzhh8 said:
I recommend using a microwave emitter to fight the beetle. Recently, such instruments have appeared. The emitter simply fries the larva in the tree and does it quickly. The Beetles have destroyed the house of my ancestors. And recently started to eat my barn. For two days I managed to get rid of this pest.

So it's true. Putin does have access to a death-ray!

Back