Woodworking Mornington Crescent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sneaky use of the trumpingtons variation I see. Well we shall have to see if Steve will allow it but in the mean time I think it should be pushed further afield so "48mm Tsunesaburo".

I see what you did there. Very clever. However, I'm absolutely certain that we're playing the Imperial version of the Rules, so I'll slip in a 3/8ths firmer. I wonder Samantha would say to that!

That was superceded by the underwood compliance clause v.2.1.
Because you never need to bother with it.
Incidentally, v2.1 covered both the amateurs and the pro's game following Samantha's successful appeal.

I’m afraid you appear to have an incomplete grasp of Seller’s Principles of Congruence.

Samantha’s appeal, as I am no doubt you are well aware, was quashed, overturned and thoroughly debunked (at least I think that is what he said) by Lyttelton, LJ in Rex vs. Claw-Hammer(smith) (reported Twonk’s Almanac 1925).

Still it is kind of you to take an interest in the game.

I’m afraid you appear to have an incomplete grasp of Seller’s Principles of Congruence.

Samantha’s appeal, as I am no doubt you are well aware, was quashed, overturned and thoroughly debunked (at least I think that is what he said) by Lyttelton, LJ in Rex vs. Claw-Hammer(smith) (reported Twonk’s Almanac 1925).

Still it is kind of you to take an interest in the game.

Superb! Eusa-clap......

I see what you did there. Very clever. However, I'm absolutely certain that we're playing the Imperial version of the Rules, so I'll slip in a 3/8ths firmer. I wonder Samantha would say to that!
ah but following the agreement by the British standards institute in 1930 that the definition of an inch is precisely, no more, no less 25.4mm and later adoption the american standards association in 1933, I think you'll find that imperial units are based on metric definitions, as such the imperial variation was dissolved and a single measurement based system introduced to prevent such ridiculous claims. honestly, has it really been so long since you played?

At last! Somebody is taking this seriously.

Pozidrive #2 Screwdriver (standard length, obviously, as I don't want to fall foul of the Long Diagonal).

Are you absolutely sure, Steve? Posidrive post-dates the convention and as such, surely it requires individual certification to be allowed.

Samantha was always appealing. But if I remember correctly, even with the introduction of the Underhill Convention, and DESPITE the fact that this round is NON Edinburgh Fringe, shouldn't Mornington Crescent Turnham Green?

I really DO wonder what Angie - and Phil - are making of all this?

BTW, despite the fact that jack Dee's not bad really, following Humph was an impossible task - for anyone - and it's never been quite the same since. Agree anyone?

Gents,

Just looking through all the above, we are, collectively, not too bad you know. Assuming the prophets of doom and gloom are correct and this whole new set up falls flat on it's face, I wonder if there's a lucrative post (sorry) for some/all of us at the Beeb?

Who said anything about the Triple Helsinki Rule? Obviously, that's been deprecated by the Introduction of the Short Diagonals!

Have you even bothered to read the rules?
My knowledge of this is a good 30 years out of date - it would seem that the rules have moved on apace. Best leave it to the professionals.

At last! Somebody is taking this seriously.

Pozidrive #2 Screwdriver (standard length, obviously, as I don't want to fall foul of the Long Diagonal).

Well, just for you, Mr Maskery (I do not believe we have been introduced), Leicester Square of Thales.

[Original Modern rules, one shift zone, neither diagonal invoked).

Oh well played, Sir, I didn't see that coming. You are obviously very experienced at all this.

You see, guys, that's how it should be done.

Back