Woodworking Mornington Crescent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flippin 'eck, go away from yer desk for a few minutes, and when you come back...

Cigar spokeshave? (obviously staying well away from any diagonals).

And look what I found just lying around at the back of the shed.
It needed a new needle and I had to take the yellow duster out of the horn, but hey:
youtu.be / 9SkQKpZMZ5M

Steve, point of order........

What is our end goal here? I know that laying out one's ignorance for all to revel in is a masochistic route to take, but in R4 Mornington Crescent we all knew when the game had ended.....when someone got to Mornington Crescent. Here, the finish line is, like Trump's brain, conspicuous by its absence. At what place in the world of woodworking will we know that someone has won?

Oh, all you need is to stop and deliver a closing single entendre. It helps if you imagine this spoken by an elderly ex-Etonian trumpet player (for example).

'Samantha has been seeing a lot of a helpful, elderly carpenter recently. He has promised to show her the three stages of joinery:

1. Find wood

2. Smooth mating surfaces

3. Screw together.

So, whilst she is away doing that…'

And then you move on to the next game.

How they got away with it I never knew.

At what place in the world of woodworking will we know that someone has won?
Maybe when the adjudicator has taken the advice of the Complete Bandsaw committee, who are at the moment sitting on the fence, and who are looking into whether the CIRCL LINE has been reinstated in accordance with the HSE rules and Harringay council backhanders.

In the mean time I would just like to offer Long Hole Borer and a skewed chisel to help with the construction.

Steve, point of order........

What is our end goal here? I know that laying out one's ignorance for all to revel in is a masochistic route to take, but in R4 Mornington Crescent we all knew when the game had ended.....when someone got to Mornington Crescent. Here, the finish line is, like Trump's brain, conspicuous by its absence. At what place in the world of woodworking will we know that someone has won?
Wood Lane?

I invoke the André Roubo intercessory axiom and go with Theydon Bois. I see that Sven has been all the way to Woolwich (he's always been fascinated by the Arsenal...).

Personally, on wood that green, I’d have used a slick, but there were some queries raised at the Harrogate departure convention.

Perhaps it's time to open the postbag and see what it reveals, Mrs Trellis of North Wales will doubtless be giving it her awl.

You never know Eric, after all many said she was a blood sucking ...

Back