Woodworking joinery programmes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
disco_monkey79":e4sy7l8w said:
I only caught one episode, and I can't remember the name, so apologies if it's already been covered...

It was on one of the further downn freeview channels (like Challenge, etc). A big bald biker-type (he had a trike in the episode I saw) built a french farmhouse-style wardrobe out of reclaimed '30s panel doors. Some may regard the joinery as a bit rough and ready, but the end result looked exactly how it was supposed.

Again, I only saw one episode, but he seemed to show every stage as he went, and I quite enjoyed it (but I love reclaiming stuff like that, 'cos I'm tight)
Sounds like it might be Rico - The salvager.

http://blog.thesalvager.com/

jimmyhenson":3rf33kvs said:
On the topic of imperial or metric, i got an all metric tape from Dieter Schmid yesterday. I tolerate imperial but much prefer metric.

I do struggle with tapes that have both, always seems to have the wrong scale on the wrong side,...or is that the right scale on the wrong side?
Thanks for the supplier link, I may well be doing the same

Another plus for youtube. Any of the already mentioned recommendations are worth checking out plus have a look at Steve Ramsey (woodworking for mere mortals).

If you have a smart TV you can watch these programmes on the big screen too :)

regards

Brian

Worth mentioning that UNCTV/PBS (Roy Underhill's the Woodwright's Shop) have given their streaming technology a good workover recently. You can now choose the bandwidth you want.

The latest series is in HD and even the recent, non-HD ones have had the quality improved significantly. The downside is that (I think) the UNCTV site now only links to the main PBS one, so there's now no alternative if PBS is overloaded (it often is late at night - says a lot about the rest of US TV!). And you can't download them to watch later (as far as I can see).

Still, I've now managed to see a few episodes from a year or so ago that I couldn't get to stream before.

Roy always makes me smile, in a thoroughly good way. The shows look like a single take, which in itself is a triumph of both presenter and director+cameras. It shows what you can do on a tight budget when you have really good people involved.

E.

Benchwayze":1274uqnr said:
MMUK":1274uqnr said:
tool-me-up":1274uqnr said:
Dont mind challenge tommy walsh or the ultimate workshop series he did.

:shock:

I wouldn't want him on any of my jobs having seen some of the dung he's churned out on Ground Force, etc.

+1

But some of the ideas were okay! :D

I liked some of his ideas but it's the cowboy corner cutting and general execution I abhor :evil: Not a good advert for DIYers :!:

MMUK":1yq4i3t1 said:
tool-me-up":1yq4i3t1 said:

I wouldn't want him on any of my jobs having seen some of the dung he's churned out on Ground Force, etc.

Like most blokes, I bet you only watched Ground Force to see Charley's Dimmocks!! :D

doorframe":3agf1qft said:
MMUK":3agf1qft said:
tool-me-up":3agf1qft said:

Like most blokes, I bet you only watched Ground Force to see Charley's Dimmocks!! :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

OK you got me!

However, I met her a few years ago at a function when I lived in Chandlers Ford. She was the most rude and arrogant b**ch I've ever met. With the possible exception of Cheri Blair.

Its Paul Sellers for me, he demonstrates the use of basic hand tools and alternatives to get the job done especially if just starting out with only a basic tool kit.

Latest posts

Back