WoodWorkers Journal and AWFS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetWayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Dont know if any of you have been following the AWFS show in Vegas this year but 'The WoodWorkers Journal' has been blogging their video's.

Catch them all to date here.

http://woodworkersjournal.com/awfs/

You might end up cringing at the 'eureka-business' adverts and LiLi made me smile but other than that - a wide range of product interviews.

Cheers
Wayne.

I like LiLi but she's rubbish at presenting.

I had to stop watching halfway into the second video, Christ is she annoying. Sounds like she's had a couple of stiff shots before she started.

She's definitely not a presenter or interviewer, or if she is then she shouldn't be...

:p

Thanks for the link Wayne, enjoyed that.

LiLi made me smile, then she started to get on my nerves (I turned the sound down when she spoke :D ). the bloke wasn't much better TBH.

He seemed to be in a contest of who could nod the most, him or the dog in the Churchill Insurance adverts :D .

But some interesting stuff.

Good post.

It was getting a little cringey towards the end - I had to smile though (either that or push the monitor off the desk :)) with Lili's broad smile at the end of each piece as if to say 'I've done it mommy - wasn't I a good little girl' :))

Small pink dress and a big lolly pop next time me thinks.. :)

(sorry minds beginning to drift a little :twisted: )

On a slightly different (but related) point though...

The Eureka garden furniture, is that becoming common practice over here too? The reason I ask is every so often in the local 'shopping arcade' we get different people setting up stalls selling this sort of stuff, all very much samey looking... either that or very coincidental :)

Cheery
Wayne.

If I thought that sort of business would work over here I might be interested actually. But I can't see the garden furniture business being quite so buoyant, especially in the current climate (pun intended).

I'm not sure where LiLi Jackson comes from but she used to be the voice over for Rockler's ads. Maybe Woodworker's Journal is related to Rockler? Or maybe she's actually taken seriously in the US WW scene as a young female starlet?

Still it's nice to see a bit of skirt (so to speak). ;)

Don`t get your hopes up,I think she is just a phone answer person at the woodworking magazine.....time away from work on holiday.As far as the guy he`s the Editor of the Magazine.Neither one is a professional news reporter.
Oh I fine her annoying too.

Presenters aside though, this is the closest I've got (ever going to get) to Las Vegas so its good that someone was prepared to stick their videos up for public consumption :)

Back