End of an era

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Peter

we all need a reset at some point, and no matter how enjoyable doing something is eventually a change beckons. I can see Covid would have played havoc but how much might be down to a changing society, ie if my kids are anything to go by then they just lack motivation and the get up and go.

The "new tools" is interesting considering your eye for quality and what you already supply so if that side of your business expands it can only be a good thing. Are you planing any more video tutorials, often helpful for those who live far away from where you deliver courses?

Most of my students are mature but to be fair the youngsters I have taught have always been very motivated, with the exception of some apprentices from larger companies back in the day, my feeling was they were almost told going to college was just like having a few days off.

I have done some work with the Sheffield makers over the years, helping Clifton with their one piece cap iron, new cryo blades and the block plane prototype. Also working with our American suppliers with the move towards metric. I have been working on our own tool designs and now hope to put these into action, all good fun and a new challenge!

Hope to do some more DVDs, need to wait until it safe to get the film crew in and see how it goes.

Cheers

Peter

Back