woodstar 8"x5" planer/thicknesser comments please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,over the past few weeks i've been looking at various planer/thicknessers with the intention of buying one for my small workshop/shed.There does seem to be A lot of conflicting information out there about certain models being better than others.One model that I haven't heard much about is the 'woodstar 8"x5" pt 85',does anyone out there own one of these models? are they any worse or better than any of the similar models on the market? . . .'would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks Philip.

pswallace":1tsta3tv said:
Hi all,over the past few weeks i've been looking at various planer/thicknessers with the intention of buying one for my small workshop/shed.There does seem to be A lot of conflicting information out there about certain models being better than others.One model that I haven't heard much about is the 'woodstar 8"x5" pt 85',does anyone out there own one of these models? are they any worse or better than any of the similar models on the market? . . .'would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks Philip.

Hi type planer Thicknesser review into YouTube .

Same P/T, different badge & model numbers: Charnwood, Clarke, Fox, Sealey, SIP

I own the Fox. The Fox suffers from one overwhelming fault and I guess the nameplate variants do too.

The fence is useless!

It's a popular P/T because the other functions are OK and the price is low. Hopefully someone on the forum will have solved the fence problem and can add his solution to this thread (That's a hint, guys).

I have one and agree with Stoday. This is quite good and sums up my feelings about it. Don't expect accuracy and I think the blades can't be sharpened but that may just have been the seller trying to sell spare blades.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back