woodrat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggy

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya guysngals, tomorrow i am going to pick up a woodrat :D that my brother is giving me. :D :D :D
he has tried to use it once, but never managed it. that was a few years ago.
the question i want to know is..
what does/should it come with ? all info would be gratefully received thanks.

Lucky Laddie Greg.
I never got to grips with it myself, and sold mine on. But I was impressed with what they can do.
You won't get a router with it, unless Bro is extra generous.

You should have the basic Aluminium extrusion,
A router plate that you must drill for your model router. (Complete it is in two parts.)
A dovetail 'pantograph', (The orange thing that looks like a plastic barbie-grille)
The Bowden cable mechanism is built-in. and there should be a handle on the extrusion to operate the cable.
There was a small piece of wood with mine, used when setting up for dovetailing.
The cramping mechanism underneath. And I think you have to buy your own cutters. (High speed steel are the recommended type. by Martin Godfrey, the inventor.)

You will need to make lots of wooden jigs and fixtures for it, but all that is in the manual, which is downloadable somewhere on the web.
I think that's about it. I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I missed anything

http://www.aldel.co.uk/

Is the guy to put you right.

Good Luck.
John :)

hiya john, well i got it all wrong,,,, :oops: :oops: :oops: he wants me to sell the thing. ( cheeky sod )
but now i do know everything is there. thanks.

greggy":3abgg2xb said:
hiya john, well i got it all wrong,,,, :oops: :oops: :oops: he wants me to sell the thing. ( cheeky sod )
but now i do know everything is there. thanks.

Well my advice would be to offer him a decent price.
They come pretty expensive new!

I have a VHS Video you can have, if you have means of watching it. (Or did I give it away with the Rat! Gawd I can't recall! :oops: )
Ooops indeed. I did bundle it with the Rat when I sold it. I didn't remember doing that. I must be getting old!)

John :)

greggy":2q2pjj86 said:
hiya guysngals, tomorrow i am going to pick up a woodrat :D that my brother is giving me. :D :D :D
he has tried to use it once, but never managed it. that was a few years ago.
the question i want to know is..
what does/should it come with ? all info would be gratefully received thanks.
You also want to read this ftp://ftp.meekings.net/WoodRat/Mike_Humphreys_tutorial.pdf
With the DVD from Woodrat it will give you a good start.

sadly for me the woodrat is not a blind friendly tool. I had the chance to work with one for the day and wasn't happy.

lew

thanks guys. i have had a play with it and found it easey after watching the video.
i must admit, i do like it.. but i aint got the room for it. :oops:

Back