Woodrat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone got a Woodrat router or Routerboss and live near to me South Lincs.???
I have just missed one on Ebay and would like to know more about them------------ without all the sales talk. would be nice to see one working
Cheers
Timber

Great tool IMO opinion especially if your inclined to building jigs for it.

Hope you get to see one close by but if you are ever down in Devon be happy to show one in action.

Beau":3fpfvdv9 said:
Great tool IMO opinion especially if your inclined to building jigs for it.

Hope you get to see one close by but if you are ever down in Devon be happy to show one in action.

Beau,
Thanks for the reply, Bit dissapointed with the response by others though. I am sure that you are not the only one with the Woodrat .When you say jigs , I do make jigs for my WOODCHUCK that is one of the first machines that Legacy made. Just thought it maybe easier for dovetails and box joints.
Anyway thanks again
Timber

No jigs necessary for dovetails or box joints and after a little bit of practice it works well for these joints. If you want to use it instead of a router table or router with a fence then jigs become necessary, but nothing too complicated. It is possible to do most routing tasks with the woodrat and I have used it for a multitude of tasks, however a router table is much easier for a lot of applications, Extraction is ok with joints cut between the machine and the work, but non existent if the cut is on the far side of the work, for this reason I never really use it for cutting tenons. For mortises it's ok but sometimes tricky to centre/position the mortise precisely.
If your ever near Enfield your welcome to pop into the dock and try mine (woodrat not router boss).
Paddy

Tmber,
It's a work of genius designed by one. I have most of the accessories too and use it all the time. I don't have a router table and so far i have not needed one. what puts off many people is the fact it works like nothing else you have ever used and some just give up. Once you get your head round what is going on, the possibilities are only limited by you. Some, not all the video's on youtube are great. There is also a forum just for it which is referenced here. several places run one day workshops which are great for starters.
Avengerwrc

Hi avengerwrc, could you give me a link to the woodrat forum, I've seen Adel's site but never the "official" forum.
Thanks, Paddy

Latest posts

Back