Woodrat user

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chandra

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I am in the Wirral (near Liverpool). I have a Woodrat but using only the very basics of this machine, but know that it is capable of a lot, lot more. Are there any regular Woodrat users in the Northwest who have the patience and time to teach me in how to make full use of the machine? I would be very happy to travel to gain the knowledge. Many thanks in advance.

The machine is very capable and can do an awful lot but takes some getting used to. These files may help, various tutorials and information that are worth reading. Is it the 900? One of the things to get used to is the feed direction,

1659043344077.png

On the rear face you move the workpiece left to right and on the front face you move right to left. On the right hand end you move the router to the front, on the left hand end you move the router to the rear and this keeps tearout to a minimum.

Attachments

• Mike Humphreys guide to the woodrat.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • WoodRat Corner 1-3.pdf
    309.5 KB · Views: 0
  • WoodRat Corner 4.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 0
  • WoodRat Corner 5.pdf
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WoodRat Corner 6.pdf
    162.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WoodRat Corner 7.pdf
    235.1 KB · Views: 0
Many thanks Roy. Yes, it took a while for me to get used to the feed direction. I had to really concentrate to get it correct. I've saved the files.

Back