WoodRat versus the new Router Boss

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that MG should stop his bleating and respond like a business man.
1) Take them to court if possible but don't waste time if not
2) Get several users from this forum to spend a day discussing product improvements
3) Put in place an upgrade path and do it rapidly
4) Reduce the price as the current price is too much for relatively small value..something the Router Boss will suffer from also I think just like other expensive Leigh and Trend jigs.

but will he ( MG) have the nouse to do this.
alan

Hi - 'Admin' on the Woodrat Forum posted this morning, drawing attention to a Feedback Form, which is at http://woodrat.com/feedbackform.html.

I suggest posters here take the opportunity to make their views known directly.

I write as a Woodrat owner who admires the concept but cannot believe that
a scrubbing brush should have a role in my workshop.

best wishes - Roy

I know what you mean (brush) but it works amazingly well. I now have a brush for the router table too!

The brush is actually a very good thing and an improvement on a poorly made featherboard any time!

However, I think I might have spotted one of WR's problems - they see things differently, judging by this photo from their website :lol:

IMG_0070-1.jpg

waterhead37":24iyufe9 said:
The brush is actually a very good thing and an improvement on a poorly made featherboard any time!

However, I think I might have spotted one of WR's problems - they see things differently, judging by this photo from their website :lol:

IMG_0070-1.jpg

I agree. I like the brush, too. Very smart thing. It works better than the BenchDog plastic featherboards I bought.

Chris, I've seen that, too. Made me laugh but the shot makes sense. It would be hard to tell that the center pins are different from the outer ones if the board was turned around. ;)

Ok I'll hold my hand up. I initially thought the brush was a poor idea but it works very well indeed.

Well spotted Dave! Some time ago I noticed the drawing was "wrong", However I did not notice that the middle pins were recessed so the picture does make sense even though the pin board should be the other way around.
Just shows how the eye can be deceived.

they see things differently, judging by this photo from their website

Wonderful!!!

As you say, Tony, the devil's in the detail; thoughtful users have made their own corrections. Ideally we shouldn't have to, all about balance of features and price points I suppose.

'Retired engineers'??! :shock:

I'm a working engineer who earns so much money doing it I can even afford a WoodRat, so there! :lol:

Aidan

Back