Woodrat now sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to sell my Woodrat with a deWalt router fitted. It is 8 years old approx but is in nearly new condition as I have never got round to using it properly so it has has had only very occasional practice use. I have concentrated on woodturning.
There are a number of of spares and extras etc including unused dovetail bits from Woodrat. Various instruction manuals including. If this might be of interest to someone here I can produce a full spec.

Emm, how much is it ?

don't ask for offers as you will only get insulted. If you are selling you need to state how much you want for it.

Woodguy.

woodguy7":nm7y3bng said:
Emm, how much is it ?

don't ask for offers as you will only get insulted. If you are selling you need to state how much you want for it.

Woodguy.

Who has insulted you when you have offered things for sale? If no one then what the heck are you on about? NOT everyone makes insulting offers and so to tar eveyone with the same brush is out of order.

Philip a few photos of both this and the Elektra Beckum P/T will help alot

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":3u2oirnl said:
woodguy7":3u2oirnl said:
Emm, how much is it ?

Woodguy.

Who has insulted you when you have offered things for sale? If no one then what the heck are you on about? NOT everyone makes insulting offers and so to tar eveyone with the same brush is out of order.

You mean it might be insulting if i offer him 50p and a bottle cap ;)

Mike

I have not posted anything for sale here but i do remember someone selling various wood for sale with no price. from what i remember he was made some offers that he found insulting. He was obviously expecting a lot more but i am sure the person that made the offer was genuine. I think that if selling something then it is only right to say what you want for it. I don't know why you are getting stroppy about it as there was NO malice intended to the op & if you have taken offence then too bad.

Woodguy

woodguy7":1rhf3aiq said:
Mike

I have not posted anything for sale here but i do remember someone selling various wood for sale with no price. from what i remember he was made some offers that he found insulting.
Not quite the same thing as an insulting offer though is it? The seller is perfectly at liberty to refuse offers he considers insulting.
if you have taken offence then too bad.

Woodguy

Nice. :roll:

There's a corker up on Ebay at the moment, latest big model complete with a DeWalt router and a ton of extras.

studders":3iwxj6bg said:
woodguy7":3iwxj6bg said:
Mike

I have not posted anything for sale here but i do remember someone selling various wood for sale with no price. from what i remember he was made some offers that he found insulting.
Not quite the same thing as an insulting offer IMO.
if you have taken offence then too bad.

Woodguy

Nice. :roll:

I agree with studders (which is a worrying state of afairs)

apart from that I cant see any reason to find any offer insulting - if a seller thinks its too low they dont have to accept it (another advantage of selling here rather than in ebay), and if all offers are "too low" then it might indicate that their expectations were unrealistic

Perhaps if we concentrate on what is a fair price,that someone is prepared to pay,instead of negativity.

I just like to see the price of a thing. If looking for a second hand car you always want to see the price to see if it is realistic or not. Did i come out & attack the op, i don't think i did but if he feels differently then i apologize to him. Some people can take offence of a low offer & that is what i was trying to get at.

Woodguy

Brian Jackson":378ncnqr said:
Perhaps if we concentrate on what is a fair price,that someone is prepared to pay,instead of negativity.

2/3 of new is the general guideline

woodguy7":c6gncyi3 said:
Mike

I have not posted anything for sale here but i do remember someone selling various wood for sale with no price. from what i remember he was made some offers that he found insulting. He was obviously expecting a lot more but i am sure the person that made the offer was genuine. I think that if selling something then it is only right to say what you want for it. I don't know why you are getting stroppy about it as there was NO malice intended to the op & if you have taken offence then too bad.

Woodguy

What I take offence at is the whole membership thing:

don't ask for offers as you will only get insulted.

as if everyone who makes him an offer is going to make an low and insulting one. You have been here since January and out of your own mouth you admit that you have not tried to sell anything, yet on the strength of ONE sale of a few bits of timber that somebody else made, you claim that everyone will insult the OP with low offers.

By the way even before this started I told the OP that he could get at least £100, more for his EB P/T

If I have taken offence then to bad :lol:

As Studders said Nice

Cheers

Mike

big soft moose":wtjt1g2y said:
You mean it might be insulting if i offer him 50p and a bottle cap ;)

Looks like we've got ourselves a bidding war.

I offer 50p ( a D-Day special edition no less) a bottle cap, AND this half sucked lolly if you accept this offer before I finish it. Can't say fairer than that.

big soft moose":25s5pbkp said:

Where did you dream that one up, Moosey?

I would never even think of paying more than half the new price for any second hand piece of kit - and then it would have to be in absolutely pristine condition.

I agree that a price should be indicated when selling something. Asking prices can also be insulting however. We used to have a moderator on here who was good at insulting us all with his asking prices for planes etc!

:lol:

BradNaylor":345m5j5f said:
big soft moose":345m5j5f said:

Where did you dream that one up, Moosey?

I would never even think of paying more than half the new price for any second hand piece of kit - and then it would have to be in absolutely pristine condition.

I agree that a price should be indicated when selling something. Asking prices can also be insulting however. We used to have a moderator on here who was good at insulting us all with his asking prices for planes etc!

:lol:

General rule of thumb, Brad, as vouched for by the majority of sales here. Can't speak for tight-ar*ed Northerners though :wink: :D

I agree with Brad
The price that I am willing to pay reflects just how much I want it. It doesn't matter if its new or old, only what I am prepared to pay for it. I also like to see a price on anything that I am interested in but that is up to the seller. It definitely seems silly to me to expect any thing secondhand to fetch two thirds of its new price. If you can get that much then good luck to you but it is very unlikely to be from me.

John

Sorry to have caused a problem with my original entry. You will see that I was not asking for offers but to see if there would be interest here and if there was I would submit a full spec etc and then ask for offers. Maybe the wrong way to do things - I'll know next time not to be lazy.

I hope to have photos here later.

Phil

Latest posts

Back