Woodex - welcome to new members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks to all who helped to distribute the UKW flyers at Woodex today.

If you are looking at this as a result of the flyer at Woodex, why not join up and post a message. You will be made to feel warmly welcome.

Come on in and join us,
Neil

Did you enjoy the show, Neil? I couldn't have made it today anyway, as things turned out.

Gill

Hi Gill

Gill":22ge4lzd said:
Did you enjoy the show, Neil?

It was really good to meet up with the the UKW members again. Keith, Judith, Bean, Tony, Dennis, DaveL and apologies to whoever I've forgotten.

It was especially good to meet Waka for the first time and to see him in action conning Tony.

dunbarhamlin made off with the largest hand tool I've ever seen. All in all, a good couple of hours.

Ah, you asked about the show. It was a woodturning exhibition with a few trade stands. Much as we'd both thought really. They even had the nerve to charge us 7.50.

Cheers
Neil

Hey, I got the small one :)

Picture7.jpg

Nice hostelry on the way back, so since I like my toes, will have to test drive tomorrow.

Steve

Must say that although the show was not too good, meeting the people from UKWorkshop, some for the first time, and some old friends (great idea with the flyers Neil).

If they are visiting the forum, must say a thankyou to Brimarc, for their sense of humour and putting up with us all :wink:

Really enjoyed hanging around for the day with Bean, Dave and Waka which made the trip well worth it.

It is true by the way don't go to shows with both Waka and your wallet. :wink:

You have been warned!! :D

Cheers

Tony

PS thanks for the haggling Waka

Another show aimed at the turners among us, but that is the way all the shows are going and not just in this country.

It was good to meet up and put a few faces to the names, even if I did think DaveL was Bean, sorry Dave :roll:

I too spent a lot of time at the Brimarc stand, I couldn't decide whether to get a new block plane or not, ended up getting three, planes that is. Pity Waka wasn't there to haggle the price down.

Keith

Three? That's just greedy :mrgreen:

I'm chasing a tablesaw at the mo, but having seen them up close, do see more Canadian iron in my near future.

Steve

Keith
even if I did think DaveL was Bean, sorry Dave

I've got feeling's too you know :wink:

It was a poor show, unless you were a turner. But a good day for meeting everybody from the forum.

Been thinking about either a slick and/or a yarri-kanna (Japanese spear shaped thing) for carving guitar and mandofamily heels.

If it doesn't work, I'll use it for rough prep - like a big plane on a stick :) (that blade's 2 3/8" wide, 9" long and 1/4" thick at the edge (thicker in the middle) and cranked) Almost dead flat out of the packet, too.

Cheers
Steve

There's not a tin of paint you won't be able to open with that, Steve.

Tinhatsmiley.gif

Gill

Ouch! Anyone puts one of my chisels within 2 feet of a paint tin lid they can repair the edge

when they get back from the dentist. Grrrrrrr :evil: :twisted: :p

Of course, if I need to open any 40 gallon drums ....

Back