wooden surfboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm about to start DIY workshops In the new man cave. Its a pretty good set up. Startrite resaw/300mm planer/drum sander/cnc router 8x4bed/3d printer and many more toys. I'm based in newquay now

Gosh Frosties!

As a longboarder with plenty more enthusiasm than skill, your boards look fantastic!
I've always dreamed of making my own surfboard, maybe I should give it a go!
I think I'd do a big single fin, but I like your quad setup...
Uh oh, I'm thinking again! Dangerous times! :mrgreen:

Fraser

Hi Frosties,
As always, your boards look very good indeed. Way back towards the beginning of this thread you offered assistance/plans to those interested. I wonder if that offer is still open, as I would be rather keen to have a go at building one.
Many thanks, and keep up the excellent work.
Cheers
Adam

Hi Kalimna, thanks for the kind words. I've tested the water by giving out some plans but without very detailed instructiuons its pretty tricky to guide someone through the process and come out with a great board. Its why I'm trying to get people to come to my workshop where I can teach them properly and have them leave with a board I know will work well. You know what I mean? Once someone has attended a workshop they can then purchase a kit to build one themselves as they have learned how to do it. If your interested in coming down to Cornwall to build one give me a shout. If there were a a few people up in scotland wanting to build one I could even come back up to the motherland and teach a class at your place. Details of how to get in touch by phone and e mail on my site.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. In principle, I would love to come down to Cornwall, but unfortunately having a pair of under-3yr olds makes such things awkward to say the least! How long would you expect a building session at your place to last/cost?
Cheers,
Adam

Back