Wooden shed /workshop floor advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Wooden shed /workshop floor made from tongue and groove timber, doesn't seam too strong for my table saw to be moved around on. So should i put OSB board down on top of the tongue and groove or would this cause problems ? Mock

Hi Mock, before you go to all the trouble of putting some down I should try and live with it for a short while, if it works it works, if it doesn’t OSB – probably 18 mil t and g 600x2.4m Usually available at roofing places will work a treat. I have the OSB as above without anything under it on joists with some pretty heavy equipment works fine. Ian

Thank's for the reply ; early days yet like you say i only moved my table saw in there today we will see how it goes

How about making some plywood "shoes" out of 18mm ply 100mm sq. Two layers with a cut out of the shape of the feet in the uppermost layer. Glue them on with some silicone sealant.

Cheers James

I used the standard t&g floor panels, laid on roofing batons over a concrete raft. The battens allowed a bit of gap for insulation (little poly balls). I have a combination tablesaw/planer-thickneser on it now and have had no issues with the flooring. The combo machine is on a mobile base.
20190516_195129.jpg

Back