Wooden Deck - Stained last summer, scuffing off now :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonStevensCanes

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
We (well, the wife did) refinished our deck during the summer which initially had a really nice result, but pretty quickly it started to scuff off anywhere that saw any amount of traffic.

We used No Nonsense Decking Stain and the reviews are excellent, leading me to believe that we did something wrong during application. I believe the wife power washed the deck before hand, and let it dry, although didn't sand it (deck had previously been painted, although vast majority had worn off by this point).

Any ideas what we did wrong and how we can salvage it?

Sounds like the power wash went deeper than expected. I'd pray for a really good hot summer and then sand and re-do it. I always go with oil, 2/3 coats if conditions allow we've got about 8x8m and I hate doing it, hiring an industrial sander for the day helps alot.

ATB,

SBD

Could be, without being involved directly. Had similar experience with a fence, wasn't dry under the surface and ultimately pushed all the treatment out.

Neighbours had baby poo coloured horses for a while... 🙂

Latest posts

Back