wooden business cards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grafter

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody made any wooden business cards like these:

30.JPG

They look really distinctive - if so any tips on best wood. Assume band saw would be the best tool for cutting them??

I wonder would it be more efficient to glue a few sheets of veneer together. There would be much less waste anyway.

Just a thought.

Eoin

I make my own business cards out of beech, about 2.5mm thick and use my laser to engrave them. The photo of the one shown looks like it has been done with letraset!
My customers find them really unusual and many have commented on that.
The added bonus is that very few of them get chucked in the bin and they last forever.
I dont know if I am allowed to post a photograph of one here though?
Mike

acewoodturner":2gksbgbp said:
I make my own business cards out of beech, about 2.5mm thick and use my laser to engrave them. The photo of the one shown looks like it has been done with letraset!
My customers find them really unusual and many have commented on that.
The added bonus is that very few of them get chucked in the bin and they last forever.
I dont know if I am allowed to post a photograph of one here though?
Mike

Of course you can Mike, post away.

thanks for the replies,

Mike I really like your card, customers, must keep these - not the usual throw away card cards!

right lets have a go then...

cheers

They look very nice Mike, any chance of knowing what the price would be, and what numbers you would require..

I have not made the business cards, but I used to make bookmarks and pyro them at the craft fairs. With my Startrite 301S I can cut down to about 1/16th thick and with woods like yew I made some very attractive ones. They were very popular. £1 each.

Business cards with a wany edge would look good too possibly?

woodbuscards.jpg

here's my personal favourite, i just need to find out who can make these for me, I have a company in india sending me some samples of what they offer and all the differant species.

@ acewoodturner, Can you offer more detail and style than what's shown on your sample? i would really like a graphic or a cut out like whats shown in my photo. do you have a website or more photo's

Hi 2Tone

Yes I can offer more designs than the one I have shown in the photograph. Any company logos can be laser engraved or images such as the one in your photo can be cut out. I would probably go thinner to about 1.5 -2mm for a cut out though and it would possibly leave a slightly charred edge as the laser burns it out.
I can also make the bookmarks like the other site as well, its just that I havent tried them yet.
As a cabinet maker with a laser for engraving you get the best of both worlds!

Mike

Latest posts

Back