Wood turning type blanks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leethesign

Reaction score
Evenin' all,

Does anyone know where I can get some hardwood blanks, similar to bowl blanks, about 1 1/2" thick and 10"-12" diameter?

I've tried G & S who seem to advertise extensively, but after 3 emails and 2 phone calls, I've not even had the courtesy of a reply
from them, so I've given up on them.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Lee

Hi Leethesign - I don't Know which part of Cornwall you live but if you are anywhere near Redruth you could try the second hand tool place at Bridge which is between Redruth and Portreath. They have some stock of tuning blanks. Otherwise for hardwoods try Woodstock at Falmouth - I am not sure if they have wooturning blanks but they do have a lot of hardwood offcuts.
In general its best to actually see the wood before buying.

Good luck with your new hobby--Arnold

PS If you do come to Bridge let me know when and you can pop in to see me.

Thanks for the info Arnold. I'm actually up the other end, near Saltash and not very mobile at the moment, but I'll maybe be
able to get down that way in the near future.

I like your neck of the woods, so it'd be no hardship.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I've come across a local sawmill and they have a big stack of seasoned hardwoods, so
they're sorting me out at the moment, but it's good to know of others not too far away.

Anyroad, thanks again.

Cheers for now

Lee

Latest posts

Back