Wood turning lathe choices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renderer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not new to this forum but have not been here for years and forgot old details completely. Been turning wood on and off for many years, big difference is im retired now and have time to turn. So here we go, been turning solidly now for last 3 years with a cl3 which has never been all I expected it to be its always been a little dissapointing mostly because the bearing adjustment has never worked the way it should and record simply say it shouldnt happen. When I adjust bearing tiny increments! and it is just rotatable on spindle I then re tighten the outer locking ring and the whole thing goes slack again?
I have decided to purchase a new and more rewarding lathe my budget is around a grand but where ever I look I see more potentiol problems have read some reviews re record or technatool 1624 44 which are not encouraging and frankly are off putting. Does any one here have any better ideas?
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of Warco machines?

Thanks in advance

Rend

Get a second hand union graduate they are going cheap on eBay at the moment, i got mine for under £400.00 as for warco I had a warco metalworking lathe I bought it new, it was so bad i scraped it and bought a boxford

Back