Wood Turning ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Worker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello UK workshop members. I am new to this forum but have read quite a few interesting articles already posted by members. I am a joiner by trade and did some wood turning when I was at School and college. Now I'm retired I wanted to try my hand again. I bought a Coronet Major with Saw, Lathe and Planer attachment about 20 years ago for the saw mainly. I have only ever used the saw but now after buying some parts from Derek Pyatt and getting some very useful advice from him I will be able to get the lathe and planer working. I was wondering has anyone made a wooden faceplate or wooden chuck that could share their experiences with me.
As you will know parts are expensive for this machine even second hand if you can get them. I think its near impossible to get a threaded nut that fits the headstock nose (7/8" 16Tpi).
Look forward to any helpful advice you can give.
Best Regards all

Making jam chucks and various mounting plates and cup chucks are all part of turning, the problem solving of how to hold irregular or awkward shapes and reverse chucking is all part of the dark art of turning. Best of luck with your new project.

as Phil says about the eBay faceplate.....or....
I'm sure there must be a backplate ? conversion attachment at that thread for a chuck .....
or find a local engineering firm to knock u one up.....
u dont have to buy original parts...

Back