wood figureing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i was chopping wood this evening, like i have for the last couple of weeks,big lumps of beech,the wood is wet and lay all ove the place still in the shape of full tree trunks , i pick a thinnish chunk,(something im not going to kill myself moving into position to axe it up,18" by 24"wide disks) after chopping and slicing ,picking some heart pieces with interesting ish grain, i came across some what looks like fiddleback effect, but only on the one slice of the trunk, is this normal,the trunk is straight as a die,roughly 20 foot long what remains of it and 2 ft wide,i cut a few more chunks the same angle but havent come across any more,not in the pieces directly above or below the figured piece,the remains of the trunk if you can imagine cutting a mars bar into five or six slices, this is how the tree fellers have left them,so i roll out a piece thats a bit slimmer than the rest,seems a little strange the figuring doesnt carry on into the next piece, any ideas

Latest posts

Back