Wood 06

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a general reminder that Wood 06 / Furnicom (the renamed bi-annual trade events) are on at the NEC from 8th to 11th October and that the first day of Wood 06 is incidentally the last day of the Grand Designs show.....

I was wondering if any members were going and would like to meet-up, particularly as we northern types aren't in a position to readily get to places like Axminster....

Scrit

I'm planning on going. Not sure which day yet, but perhaps the Grand Designs show will be the decider (caveat other deadlines of course).

It's equipment, tooling, hardware (i.e. hinges, drawer runners, etc.) and also power tools. Festool and Mafell are normally there as well as Lamello - but it's more static machinery orientated.

Scrit

Hi Scrit I am interested in going is it open to the public i am in the trade but i am employed not an employer. I just had a look on there site said I had to register as a visitor or doyou have to buy tickets? I would be grateful if you can give me any info.
Regards Phil.

Hi Phil

You do need to pre-register - in some previous years they have charged at the door if you haven't pre-registered, but it seems very inconsistent. I'm told that this year it will be open to the public, but children won't be permitted (well, there are loads of working machines with nasty sharp spiiney bits attached..... \:D/ ). The big plus to going to W6 is that parking is free and normally they reserve the car parks right next to the centre, so no mega bus journeys to get in.

Scrit

I'll be going on Sunday. Can I suggest a rendez-vous at 12:00 at the Felder/Hammer stand?

I will also be there on Sunday. 12:00 seems ok to me. Will the ticket to W6 also cover the Grand Designs or are they totally seperate?

Simon

Count me in as well. See you at Felder/Hammer. So, is it the pink carnation or should we simply carry a rolled-up copy of The Woodworker? :wink:

Simon

Unfortunately I believe that Grand Designs is a separate and unrelated show. The Woodmex (W6) ticket normally covers you for ASFI (the hardware show) as well - but at least car parking is normally free. Remember to ask for a pass out from the car park when leaving the exhibition.

Scrit

I'm planning on being there on Monday (busy riding on Sunday) , if anyone is going then it would be good to meet and greet.

Dennis

looks like I'm on my own then......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Schhhhhh, don't tell anyone but Tues the day Felder are doing their best deals. Schhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D

Do you think Felder will be happy when we all congregate there - or will they regard it as a sales opportunity, I wonder? :roll:

See y'all!

Scrit

Well Colin C, FreeToChat and Restorer were there ... where was everyone else eh?

W6 was pretty much the same as last time, though the numbers of briquetters seemed to be up, and prices coming down - but not far enough for me yet, £7K seems to be the lower limit at the mo. Also of interest (for me at least) was SageTech's Koolcut series 1 wall saw, 8 x 4 size, for just under £3k - have I really not got enough space for one?

Big disappointment of the day (apart from that mentioned in para 1 of course) was the Furnicom exhibition which was very much smaller than last time.

Oh well, who's for the D&M show then?

Latest posts

Back