wolfcraft

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, it's a pillar drill attachment for a normal corded drill? Looks a relatively solid construction, but given it's presumably a cheaper alternative to a decent pillar drill, would you not be better off just buying a cheap pillar drill?

Or am I missing the point? :)

That looks very useful to me. Having an X-Y travel table built into it means you can mill small items as well as using it as an overhead pin router and drill press
The 43mm clamp will hold European router motors used in small cnc as well as drills.
Think of it as a micro version of the Wadkin recesser
Matt

I also have the router which fits as well, would anyone know what I would likely get if I was to sell it

musomaniac":2hm3t5bz said:
I also have the router which fits as well, would anyone know what I would likely get if I was to sell it

A reduction in your workshop's capabilities?

BugBear

The reason I ask is because I can't find it anywhere on the web, I've searched Wolfcraft pillar/milling table/machine x-y table etc ect and I can't find anything

I have one of these I use with a small AEG router. It is adequately rigid for good quality detail work and very versatile.
I can machine wood and aluminium with conventional router bits to a good finish.
I have a manual but it is barely more than a parts list. The catalogue number is 5000 000 (possibly 5006 000)
The x-y table is great but tilting the axis of the router makes it amazingly useful. Keep it!
The other wolfcraft tools I've dumped. Would not use as a drill press.

thanks bob for the info , so,what exactly is it called ? a wolfcraft what ? I've never ever used anything like this before , is,there projects to have a go at ? what do,you,use it for bob , have you any photos , ? sorry for all the questions but i'm trying to decide if i'll ever use it

Hi MM
There is no title or description on my manual other than Combination System (Kombi-system)
To me its a rudimentary universal milling machine if that's any help!
I use it for making small parts in plastic and aluminium (often to mend things) that I cannot make with a drill and lathe etc.
I have made a rotary indexing device to mount a lathe chuck for decorative work on wood turnings. Amazing results.
Very useful for making accurate jigs and holding fixtures for tricky tasks.
Last project was complex insert for my table saw to allow full tilt and zero clearance.
For general hobby work think overhead router but its much more.
The graduated feeds allow repeat and interval cuts with good precision so I use it more than my
router table for smaller jobs. Much easier to work with than a hand held or obscured inverted router.
Great for making accurate joints if you are patient. Profiling, thicknessing, flattening and squaring small pieces.
As always, sharp cutters essential. Its not cast iron. Dust extraction is a challenge.
Sorry I can't get image files to enter from my computer but can email if required.
This is a little gem. I think it was just too expensive to survive in the hobby market.

thanks again bob for ýour patience , could you send some pics to [email protected] ,how can you carry out repeated operations , do you count have many times you turn each wheel , do you have to turn both wheels together at the same time to obtain a diagonal , i imagine that would be challenging
as you can see i have no clue as to how to go on with one of these but my curiosty is now aroused , how,do you obtain a curved cut as well .

Latest posts

Back