Wixey Digital Angle Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see from the adds in my latest copy of Model Engineer mag that the Wixey is now available from a UK suplier for those who don't want to take pot luck with customs. but at a price £29.95 :!:

So new its not on their web site yet

http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/

Jason

Yes, just got this from Cora Wixey

I am refunding the money from your order for a Wixey Digital Angle Gauge.

As of January 10, 2007 we no longer ship anywhere outside the US and Canada. You will find our products at our UK distributor, Allendale Electronics. The number to call and place an order is 01992 450 780. They are in the process of putting up a new website. It will be available at www.woodwork-dro.co.uk .

At least it's not the usual $ to £ conversion at £29.95.

Angela

And just got this from Allendale Electronics
we have had our first shipment in from Wixey this week which we had Expressed Air freighted in order for us to get in in time for an exhibition starting tomorrow.

We have orders on with Wixey for Sea Freight, which we are expecting the first shipment end of February, once that shipment is in stock we are lowering the sale price to be inline with Wixey's prices.

I live in hope ...

Angela

The London Model Engineering Exhibition is on over the weekend at alley pally, I bet they will be doing a "special introductory offer " of £29.95 :wink:

I'll let you know when I get back from the show.

Jason

well, would you look at that...

Or even this...
pro360.jpg

Angela

I find the Wixey good but don't let it get cold as you'll get some strange readings I keep mine indoors and use it within a few minutes of entering the workshop if you need longer keep it in your pocket until your ready...

Carl":117rpyzm said:
Hi to everyone.

New to this forum, being reading the topic about the Wixey Digital Angle Guage, how is it that some of you have bought one and not had to pay vat or customs duty and others have, the reason for asking is because I am thinking of buying one because the guage on my table saw is inaccurate and think that this device is the ansewer to my problem

Welcome to the forum Carl.

You're not a customs man are you 8-[ 8-[

Just kidding. :wink: Hope you enjoy the forum. :D

Brad

Allendale were selling the angle gauge for £26.95 at the London Model Engineering show, they also had the readouts for thicknessers and tablesaw rip fences.

Jason

So it's been quite some time since everyone started ordering these angle gauges, so is everyone still happy with them? Just curious to find out how they are holding up?

Thinking about buying one myself.

Martin

Not had any problems with mine, used it mostly for setting up the table saw, came in handy on the bar I just did as I needed to set the blade to 7.5 degrees.

Also used it stuck to a four jaw lathe chuck to index various holes around a circular cylinder head and for setting a crank shaft at an angle in the milling machine.

Jason

Hi All,

I would like to introduce myself, Im Alan from Allendale Electronics Ltd, from mid Jan we are the UK distributor of the Wixey Product range, - I know some of you have already mentioned it :)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Thanks all !!!

Alan Ward

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum. :D

You will find that our spamulator will hit any links you try to post until you have a few more posts. :evil:

So you had best tell us a bit about yourself, :^o also how about putting a bit more info in your profile, like where you are based. :whistle:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your warm welcome guys :)

Allendale Electronics is based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire - Offices below:

We have been supplying Digital Readout systems for Milling machines and lathes for about 2-3 years now, and are starting to introduce a range into the woodworking industry - With the Wixey range being the start.

We are attending the Woodworking show at Ally Pally, London, next month, so please come yourself known :)

Thanks

Alan

Back