Wixey Digital Angle Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Heard about these through another Forum, sent for one and I'm delighted how simple and effective it is.

Zero it on the tablesaw or mitre saw, stick it to the blade with the built-in magnets and set your bevel.

wixdig.jpg

Shipping was free, so the UK price is around £22. Comes with a spare battery too. :)

Ray.

I like that Ray. So obvious when you think about it.

Well, I say obvious.........

Looks good Ray. I note that although they quote resolution and repeatibility they don't quote accuracy. Have you checked it? Probably plenty good enough for woodworking, just me being cynical.

John

Ray I just ordered one - for £22 its good value. It will make those odd angles a lot easier.
Barry
ps How long did it take to deliver?

Ray,
can this device be used on its side ie reference on the saw blade and then set the angle of a mitre guide?

Andy

Johnboy":uiyego9k said:
I note that although they quote resolution and repeatibility they don't quote accuracy. Have you checked it?
I have checked mine , John and found it to be accurate (I wouldn't have posted this if it was a POS :)). Even more pleasing for me was that, after several years' hard use, when I checked the bevel stops on my Makita LS1013 they were still spot on.

Barry Burgess":uiyego9k said:
It will make those odd angles a lot easier. ps How long did it take to deliver?
I bought it because I wasn't sure I could trust those intermediate numbers on a bevel scale. Turns out it's a lot easier to adjust when you've only got to concentrate on the display, rather than holding the bevel against two surfaces simultaneously as well. It arrived in under a week.

dedee":uiyego9k said:
Ray, can this device be used on its side ie reference on the saw blade and then set the angle of a mitre guide?
No, it can't, because the lateral swing would be in the same horizontal plane. I suppose that you could do it if you could safely tip the saw on its back, but it's intended for bevel angles.

HTH :)

Ray.

he-he! In for a penny.......glad he takes Paypal. :D
Hope he appreciates all these UK orders turning up on his door expecting free postage :wink:
Philly :D

Arrived this morning, no customs duty or VAT :lol:

Works great, very useful.

Thanks for the heads up Ray.

John

My two, one for waka), arrived yesterday along with duty etc of £11+ :evil:
Should have ordered them one at a time I guess.
Nice bit of kit though.
Regards
Martin

Sawdust Producer":a4hzptku said:
Are they any good? opinions please. :shock:

I said: I have checked mine , John and found it to be accurate (I wouldn't have posted this if it was a POS).

Johnboy said: Works great, very useful.

mahking51 said: Nice bit of kit though.

These opinions are, apparently, of no value.

Ray.

Mine turned up today (well the customs bill postcard did :evil: )
Had a quick play-very useful little gadget! Was pleased to find my tablesaw stop still at 90 degrees :D
Cheers
Philly :D

Back