Wishing Wells

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-O

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi There

This is my first post here so I best intoduce my self (I couldnt find a newbie into section...) I'm Stephen from Newcastle and I got into woodworking about a year ago, my fence had been damaged my some Ivy so I set about repairing it, however when I took a trip to our local fence supply shop I noticed they made garden wishing wells to be used as planters and I really fancied one, so I went back a couple of days later to find it was sold... :( so to cut a long story short I bought some fence boards and built one just like these ones I since built for friends, family and neighbours :D :D :D

I've always been 'hands on' and enjoy fixing, building and tinkering with thinks but with wood working I feel ive really found something I enjoy and have a (I think :lol: ) talent for.

I've since signed up to do an evening course at my local college to do a City & Guilds in level 1 & 2 site carpentry.

Anyway, heres my wishing wells

Attachments

• IMG-20131108-00686.jpg
    IMG-20131108-00686.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 1,315
And heres one of mine in the garden in the summer with some flowers growing in it...

Attachments

• IMG-20130608-00525.jpg
    IMG-20130608-00525.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,306
Hi, welcome to the forum,

Cute little wishing well, I love the handle. They look well finished, I like the natural coloured one better than the dark ones, probably because we use a lot of dark stain here and I'm fed up of seeing it.

I like the idea...look good
maybe even a metal bucket with some rope up to spindle for plants \ ivy to grow up

Thanks!

I prefer the natural looking one too, but my 'customers' wanted dark stain, doing a one at the moment in Ronseal Garden Shades which should look good.

I've been looking for a little bucket but there al either too big or too small, plus when the flowers grow nicely in the summer it can gets a bit full...

That looks great and good idea!

Did you build these from plans available online? I seem to recall seeing some very similar a while back that I was going to have a good at but I was put off but the round base as it looked quite tricky...

Stephen

Hi and welcome to the forum - I wish you well in your new endeavours....

*groan, yes yes I know, the door's over there...*

Back