Wintergatan Marble Machine - anyone up for a challenge!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DonJohnson":ukchr7xr said:
As one of the comments on Youtube said: 'That's so cool, it's just like Animusic Pipe dream in real life.' see - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo

I remember showing that to my Mum about 10 years ago (because it seemed like incredible animation in those days) and she was amazed "who built that?" she asked and I scoffed at her saying it was CGI. Now someone has built it - I need to eat my words and apologise!

Thanks for posting.

I now know what I will be doing this weekend. :lol: :lol: (hammer)

Take care.

Chris.

That is absolutely staggering - I know that there are machines in maufacturing that are every bit as complex (I watch how it's made quite a lot) and there used to be complicated music machines in the early 20thC but the addition of the balls and the physics just add that extra sublime quality.

Having spent quite a long time watching YT this weekend, I can confirm that there are now quite a lot of really good videos showing more of the building and design that went into this staggeringly wonderful machine - so if you only watched the initial song (over 10m views now) do look at his others or subscribe to his channel. He acknowledges that Matthias Wandell's gear design software helped him decide to do it, and shows his simple bandsaw production methods.

Brilliant!

Back