Windows Media Player 11 and streaming video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Well with the Panto occupying all our attention (best post on here for ages!) I hate to be a problem one, but...

Is anyone successfully watching the Woodworking Channel using Windows Media 11? When 10 was in Beta I tried it and WWC din't play. So I went back to 9. But 11 is out now and I have the same problem. Streaming video OK in 9, no streaming video in 11. I can't believe that Microsoft would release software that didn't work :^o , so I'm left thinking that it is something with my machine.

Is anyone using it successfully? Did you have to do anything? Even disabling my firewall doesn't fix it.

:(

Hi Steve, I am using Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 With no problems on the Woodworking Channel.

Just occasionally I get a lock-up of the sound system when Media player and Real player or some other software screws up my sound card output.

If this happens I get the video stream but no sound but I assume it is being downloaded but not being fed to the sound card for some reason.

If this happens only a reboot clears it, have not established what exactly happens, life is to short I'm afraid.

I run behind a hardware firewall.

Thanks guys, though I'm not sure I'm happy to learn that. I get:
Your connection was lost.
To reconnect, click on the link below.
Reconnect Now!

every single time. I've set cookies liberal, I've switched off my s/w firewall, I don't know what else to do. It's a nuisance, I use to enjoy that.

Thanks anyway guys.

Mine is unreliable also.So i use real player as a browser works fine
if you allow it to act as a server(zone alarm)

Scratch-Head.gif
Excuse me. What is this woodworking channel, and how do I get it?

Any assistance please.

Happy crimbo all

Go into Media player, open "Guide" and search for "woodworking channel" You will be given options but click on the 1st one given and that will take you to the Woodworking channel. You will be able to access the schedule and play videos.
Hope it helps you.

Neale

Yes, except that way I get another error message:

A number of queued files cannot be played. To find information about the problem, click the Now Playing tab, and then click the icon next to each file in the List pane.

Of course, there is no icon next to the filename...

The annoying thing is that my wife's laptop works perfectly, same XP, same SP2, same WMP11. Yet something must be different.

:(

Back