Sony Sonic Stage vs Windows Media Player

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iRiver have recently got rubbish? Damn but that's a real shame to hear :( I have an ihp-140 and it is the business, great for wiping the smug grin off ipod users at work. :D

V.

Slightly off topic, but the Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 players have recently been recommended to me. Anyone seen/heard them and have any opinions??

I would always say check out these guys:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

I have had great advice and assistance from them in past and generally their shop is a good place to browse online too. You can look at reviews and compare players too.

V.

(PS. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, shape or form)

Vormulac":2k7vgohi said:
iRiver have recently got rubbish? Damn but that's a real shame to hear :( I have an ihp-140 and it is the business, great for wiping the smug grin off ipod users at work. :D

I used to have one too, it was fantastic....and then I electrocuted it and it was eh...reluctant to work aftert that. :roll: Got a H10 instead which is dissapointing to say the least... :(

Mike B":2k7vgohi said:
Slightly off topic, but the Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 players have recently been recommended to me. Anyone seen/heard them and have any opinions??

Thats the Samsung I was talking about, It is really, really good. If I were in the market for an mp3 player right now, thats the one I'd have. :)

Apologies for mildly commandeering (I wouldn't call it *hijacking* as such) the thread, but this might be useful to others.
Tarkin, why the disappointment with the H10? I see all the reviews go weak at the knees and slightly dribbly with love and adoration for the H10, so I'm surprised you found this wasn't the case. What was wrong with it?
You electrocuted your ihp-140... :shock: Had it been naughty? :lol:

V.

Vormulac":2jo1a9m4 said:
Tarkin, why the disappointment with the H10? I see all the reviews go weak at the knees and slightly dribbly with love and adoration for the H10

It's just not as good as it should be, and the sound quality is average IMO. When it first appeared it was, compared to the rest, very good, hence all the reviews. But within about 6 months, other players started appearing that were significantly better, have a look at an updated review. For example, What Hi-Fi gave it 5 stars whe it first appeared, and then downgraded it to 3 stars after 9 months or so. It was one of my 'not-very-well-researched' purchases. :?

As for my old ihp-140, well I was fiddling about with some electronics (a HV transformer I made for a model ion engine) and listening to music at the same time. And well, you know how it has that metal bit on top....one of the cables came loose from the transformer and made contact with that. There was a large spark, and it ceased to be! :oops:

It's a shame to lose a great piece of kit like the ihp-140, but let's face it, "I blew it up with my prototype Ion Engine" is a much better epitaph than "I dropped it in a puddle and it broke", or something equally pedestrian.
:D
V.

Back