windows error

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
can someone please help
i cant download i tunes anymore, every time i try, i get the message
error 7 (windows error 14003)
i recently had extra memory and hard drive installed by a local computer shop but he removed my norton anti virus and replaced it with something else (said that norton used too much memory). everything was ok for 2 or 3 weeks but then i got a virus that the new anti virus software wouldn't get rid of, so i deleted it and reinstalled norton. this got rid of the virus and everything now works fine, apart from i tunes.
any help will be appreciated
regards
erik

Hi Erik , I had a very similar problem when I had a local pc expert 'clean' my pc. He left norton on
because he said it is best for anti virus etc , i-tunes store only became available by turning norton off.(not good).
The solution was to download i-tunes new version. it now works fine.
good luck.

hi guys
thanks for the replies
i have contacted the shop but they say its nothing that they have done, and to be honest i would prefer not to take it back to him as i wasn't impressed.
i have googled the error message and one site suggested removing all of the apple software relating to i tunes in a specific order. i have done this and re-downloaded but it still wont work

Hi... a couple of things you could try.......

System Restore to an earlier date. It's got me out of trouble a few times.

Last known good config (hold F8 at startup and follow prompts). Again, it's got me out of trouble a few times.

Good Luck.

Roy

hi roy
the F8 thing doesnt seem to work and i have just tried to restore back to 4 different dates but it wont restore ???

Hi... as soon as you start the machine from 'off', repeatedly tap the F8 key. If your using a USB keyboard you may need to put a normal one on to make keys respond at start up.

Roy

Eric...

Replace Norton with something better, is my advice. Avast is good. Slows your PC down a bit, and is annoying when it updates. But it works. It's Afree too.

Having said all that, I don't use Quicktime or Itunes, so maybe there's a conflict? I think someone mentioned a new version of Q/T so perhaps that will help.

I had a spell when Windows wouldn't do a system restore. A reinstall was the only answer to that. So I bought a very big external drive to save any files I wanted to keep. My biggest problem is, I can't seem to find the Firefox favourites folder, unlike the IE, where you could find them all in one place. (hammer)

John :)

Back