Windows 7

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harbo":vjnnzlls said:
I bought a MacBook - what a revelation.

Rod

Often had a look at Macs while browsing PC world and quite fancied one but as I repair and configure my own I`m not sure they would be as easy to repair,don`t know much about them but same hard drives?memory?video cards?routers etc?.Folk seem to rave about the Mac os also and of course the price, they seem a helluva lot more expensive than yer bog standard pc.
Maybe one day :D
Steve

I haven't tried WINDOWS7, so I can't really comment on it.

But I recommend a clean install than a upgrade. A clean install spends you a lillte more time initially but saves you a great time eventually.

I would go for a clean install, especially if you're having problems with your current setup.
Windows 7 with a clean install - you'll feel like you have a new PC.
I understand the concerns for a new operating system in the business environment but for a home / even small business user in my opinion it's unneccessarily cautious. I've used Vista (in a corporate environment as well) and Windows 7 and I've not had a problem.
On large monitors some of those new W7 features are really nice Wizer - and Windows has been really lacking on that front. Arranging windows side by side is something I use all the time and W7 makes it much easier. (There are add ons for XP and Vista that do the same thing but not quite as well).
Cheers
Gidon

I hated Vista and went back to XP but I have recently installed Windows 7 and it's a lot better than Vista. I've had no problems at all so far.

I installed it on a Dell Latitude D830 laptop and didn't have to find a single additional driver. It found all the hardware and set optimal resolution on the laptop monitor and my external monitor. It even connected to my phone via bluetooth without any additional drivers.

However, it really doesn't offer anything over XP apart from looking nice. I installed it as the office guinea pig to see if the software we write will run on it so unless you are having problems with XP or want something that looks nicer I'd leave it alone.

Cheers
Mike

i played with the rc of 7 till my copy went funny and i couldnt get hod of anther copy anyhow it's very very fast on low spec machines, because m$ have realized that linux had a grip on the net books anyhow if ur using low spec stuff i would my advice would be to get it [= and do a clean install
that my 2 pence worth

I bought the gubbins for a brand new pc at the weekend, should be delivered this week, and when I build it it'll be getting a Windows7 install. I personally have stuck to XP for years, especially after experiencing Vista on a number of machines (and hated it), but I have been assured by people who I trust that W7 is far superior.

Back