Willow Vase - Finished at Last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After turning a piece like that I can't see whats to stop you entering the challenge ,

If you have the time give it a go.

great job Brian,it is quite an experiance when putting big stuff on lighter lathes with pressed steel stands isn`t it,and the 500 lower rev limit does make it dance quite a bit until you make it round,nice to see the finnished article,well done,regards,

Eric.

:D :D

It's not on a pressed steel stand it's on a solid wooden bench but it still vibrated like mad :D

Thanks for your comments, it's nice to know others like it

Boysie

I'm flattered that you think I could enter a challenge but I still don't feel ready. Maybe sometime in the future.

regards

Brian

I have renewed hope for willow now! Lovely job Brian.
My neighbour finished having a willow tree felled yesterday and has given me pick of whatever I want before the rest goes for a bonfire. Everything I have read so far about turning willow suggests it is far from ideal, but this gives me hope.
I guess if nothing else it will give me some turning practice!
Thanks for sharing Brian.

I keep seeing pictures of projects on here that blow me away, and I think yours is right up there with the WOW factor! :D :D

That looks Nice In fact Unusual and very Nice =D> =D> =D> =D> In Fact Its Blown Me Apart Well Done

regards
Bill

I'm with Graham, above.
I wouldn't have even considered the piece of wood to be worthy of burning

Well Done

Brian

That's A mighty fine lump of willow And its looking really good at the finish well done from a unusual piece of timber
Regards
Bill

Latest posts

Back