Wild fires in BC Canada.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think that the notion that this is all happening "solely on the contribution of humans" is ideological hogwash. We have scientific evidence from core samples taken of ice from multiple places on earth showing the earth has had periods where it was WARMER than it is now.

Do I think that the human factor is NOT contributing? No I do not.

I think what is happening is BOTH a natural warming cycle, that has been proven to occur at regular intervals, PLUS some contribution from human activity.

Anyone who denies the ice records of warmer periods when Greenland was lush and GREEN, millennia before the industrial revolution is unfit to state any credible opinion on the matter.

Scientific records on climate only go back to about 1700. The Planet had its first lifeforms about 4 BILLION years ago and has had an atmosphere of similar composition for about two BILLION years.

Anyone who even remotely states that the current earth temperature is THE HIGHEST ITS EVER BEEN IN THAT ENTIRE TWO BILLION YEARS deserves to be put in an insane asylum.

And yet..... life continued.

These (censored) halfwits would have you believe this climate change is an "extinction level event", and they've been saying it for about 50 years, I'm still waiting. Greta Thunberg's "predictions" made in the UN, have also not come to fruition.

These same halfwits have now also been PROVEN to be DELIBERATELY setting wildfires in multiple places to back up their claims "the world is burning".

WHICH HAS RESULTED IN THE DEATHS OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE.

If you repeat the same claims as they do, then I believe you are part of the problem, by supporting, spreading and furthering their claims that has led to their actions, which in turn HAS KILLED PEOPLE.

So their deaths, and the BILLIONS in property damage IS ON YOR HANDS AS MUCH AS THEIRS.

Facts ARE facts, and if you beleive the situation is wholly man made, then you are allowing OTHER PEOPLE to do your thinking for you.

Oh and just remember these are the same people who claimed "people were BOILING in their own sweat"; a claim which to date has never been proven as a cause of death ANYWHERE on earth - if that ridiculous claim alone isn't enough to make you think these people are mentally unfit to be in charge of society and the direction of how this gets managed globally, I don't know what will.

Oh and the manipulation of scientific readings of pollution level reductions in ULEZ zones.... as though they are in some kind of protected forcefield bubble and the vehicles 2 streets away are not polluting the ULEZs zones..... etc ets - it's just laughable anyone could even remotely consider any of it as "factually accurate"

If you think the same as them, you are their puppet. Plain and simple.
Many thanks. I was aware that there are natural cycles of warming and cooling, but I will continue to value the opinion of scientific consensus over and above yours. There will always be crazy people, and the fact that some of them might be crazy enough to start fires is worrying, but doesn't disprove anthropomorphic global warming.

I agree - but what can you do except keep offering evidence until they learn?

Err.....pot ......kettle!!!

I think the party is over and it's just a case of battening down the hatches. It's all too late and the unwoke have won.

Last edited:
Many thanks. I was aware that there are natural cycles of warming and cooling, but I will continue to value the opinion of scientific consensus over and above yours. There will always be crazy people, and the fact that some of them might be crazy enough to start fires is worrying, but doesn't disprove anthropomorphic global warming.
Yep. There have aways been natural cycles, crazy people and fires. What anthropogenic climate change does is to amplify these things and their effects - changes things first by putting an extra load on the points already most stressed.
It's simple, e.g. rising sea levels affects low lying areas first, drought helps crazy people set fire to things, etc
Yes it's all happened before but never in quite the same way - there might be just a few dozen of us left in 50 years or so! Humans nearly went extinct 800,000 years ago

Last edited:
It is somewhat audacious of mankind to think that we are or can change what nature has done for millions of years. ....
We need to change only what we have been doing for about 200 years, so it is actually feasible and a lot easier than you are saying.

If we take a simple logical thought process then global warming as a result of human activity has clear potential that cannot be ignored.

Can you imagine the planet if there were no humans on it, it would be just a really clean lovely place with no rubbish strewn everywhere, no tuuuurds floating down our rivers and also much lower levels of background radiation so for the early inhabitants they really had a great place to live.

Now add into the equation nearly 8 billion people, 1.5 billion cars mostly burning fossil fuels, commercial trucks and vans adds another 300 million and we consume 15 terrawatts of electrical energy, can anyone possibly say that this has no global impact. The potential hazzard to future generations and even the very existance of our species is just to high to be ignored and we have to give it credability otherwise when it finally dawns on us then it will be to late.

Personally I think that the notion that this is all happening "solely on the contribution of humans" is ideological hogwash. We have scientific evidence from core samples taken of ice from multiple places on earth showing the earth has had periods where it was WARMER than it is now.

I think what is happening is BOTH a natural warming cycle, that has been proven to occur at regular intervals, PLUS some contribution from human activity.

Anyone who denies the ice records of warmer periods when Greenland was lush and GREEN, millennia before the industrial revolution is unfit to state any credible opinion on the matter.

Scientific records on climate only go back to about 1700. The Planet had its first lifeforms about 4 BILLION years ago and has had an atmosphere of similar composition for about two BILLION years.

Anyone who even remotely states that the current earth temperature is THE HIGHEST ITS EVER BEEN IN THAT ENTIRE TWO BILLION YEARS deserves to be put in an insane asylum.

These (censored) halfwits would have you believe this climate change is an "extinction level event", and they've been saying it for about 50 years, I'm still waiting. Greta Thunberg's "predictions" made in the UN, have also not come to fruition.

These same halfwits have now also been PROVEN to be DELIBERATELY setting wildfires in multiple places to back up their claims "the world is burning".

If you repeat the same claims as they do, then I believe you are part of the problem, by supporting, spreading and furthering their claims that has led to their actions, which in turn HAS KILLED PEOPLE.

So their deaths, and the BILLIONS in property damage IS ON YOR HANDS AS MUCH AS THEIRS.

Facts ARE facts, and if you beleive the situation is wholly man made, then you are allowing OTHER PEOPLE to do your thinking for you.

Oh and just remember these are the same people who claimed "people were BOILING in their own sweat"; a claim which to date has never been proven as a cause of death ANYWHERE on earth - if that ridiculous claim alone isn't enough to make you think these people are mentally unfit to be in charge of society and the direction of how this gets managed globally, I don't know what will.

Oh and the manipulation of scientific readings of pollution level reductions in ULEZ zones.... as though they are in some kind of protected forcefield bubble and the vehicles 2 streets away are not polluting the ULEZs zones..... etc ets - it's just laughable anyone could even remotely consider any of it as "factually accurate"

Absolutely, it's all a big con to rob us of all our hard-earned 'wealth'! :mad: As the 'man' said; "Beware the Yellow Peril", also NOW, "Beware the Red Peril"!

Who remembers the 1960s film, The Day The Earth Caught Fire? w/Leo McKearn, Peter Finch & Janet Munroe. It was pretty well close to the present situation.

You are of course correct.

There is a huge conspiracy of politicians and nobel prize winning scientists treating us all as puppets.

There is nothing wrong with children walking to school along streets with stationary traffic churning out fumes from ancient engines designed for less congested times, toughens them up. ULEZ must be ineffective by definition because it has a boundary and its inconceivable that areas well away from that boundary in a gerat big zone will be better than those close to it. Stands to reason, dunnit? (To quote Alf Garnett).

And we all know that Trump won in 2020, why else would all those law abiding heavily armed proud boys storm the capitol.

Plus when I look east out of my bedroom window all I can see is flat fields, the evidence of my very own eyes tells me that the Earth is flat so that means all those pictures from space are fakes - in fact I doubt we ever got into space, its all a conspiracy and it was filmed in a hollywood studio.

Elvis is dead now, but after his supposed death we all know that he ran a karaoke bar above a chip shop in Neasden and sometimes worked in the chip shop.

The Norfolk Coast is as solid as it ever has been, its the Government bulldozing houses over the edge, not sea erosion.

The Fayeds, inclusing Dodi, got a mention in the news. That got me started on the Dodi Fayed crash, it was definitely a contract put out by capo de regime Philp "the greek" Duke of Edinburgh, Diana was unfortunate collateral damage. The courts can deny it all they want, what do they know, they only rely on evidence. Opinion tainted by fact - a big mistake.

Climate change, pah. It's Biden and Starmer supporters going round starting fires to discredit the right wing politicians who have known all along its just a con.

So yes, we are all puppets of a deep state conspiracy, and we are all plain and simple like you say we are.

(I'm about to order a few dozen yellow caps with the logo MIGA, to sell at a vast profit to fund my new "deny reality" campaign. when they arrive I will let you all know. Yes, it is MIGA not MAGA: Make Ignornance Great Again. No point weighing up evidence in the round, we now know the world isn't round. Facts are over-rated, so are experts. Nothing beats uninformed opinion, and that's final.)

Also, as I've pointed out before, the same PR firms and names crop up working for the fossil fuel companies who tried to whitewash the tobacco industry. Does that suggest anything?
The only thing that tells me is that they are doing what their company was set up to do ie lobby for whoever happens to be their customers. Not rocket-science to realise that, surely ?

Last edited:

Ummm...all that you have stated is just that...a statement. Where are your sources to back up anything that you've said ? Y'know...the odd peer-reviewed research paper. That sort of thing.

If we take a simple logical thought process then global warming as a result of human activity has clear potential that cannot be ignored.

Can you imagine the planet if there were no humans on it, it would be just a really clean lovely place with no rubbish strewn everywhere, no tuuuurds floating down our rivers and also much lower levels of background radiation so for the early inhabitants they really had a great place to live.

Now add into the equation nearly 8 billion people, 1.5 billion cars mostly burning fossil fuels, commercial trucks and vans adds another 300 million and we consume 15 terrawatts of electrical energy, can anyone possibly say that this has no global impact. The potential hazzard to future generations and even the very existance of our species is just to high to be ignored and we have to give it credability otherwise when it finally dawns on us then it will be to late.
It's already too late. Just saying.

(I'm about to order a few dozen yellow caps with the logo MIGA, to sell at a vast profit to fund my new "deny reality" campaign. when they arrive I will let you all know. Yes, it is MIGA not MAGA: Make Ignornance Great Again. No point weighing up evidence in the round, we now know the world isn't round. Facts are over-rated, so are experts. Nothing beats uninformed opinion, and that's final.)
🤣
What about UAP? Standing for "Unwoke And Proud". Or TAS? "Thick as s...?

Yes, well. I hope nobody thinks I really believe any of the flat earth elvis lives stuff. I still suspect Philip the Greek though.... 🤔

Back to the reality of the original post. I have sympathy with anyone close to wildfires, we are fortunate here in the UK that we rarely suffer. I was travelling in the USA way back in 2010, on the way to Yosemite south entrance we passed 2 fire trucks dealing with what looked like a small fire at the roadside. 10 miles up the road we checked in to our accommodation, booked for 3 nights, then took a walk. 4 or 5 hours later the fire had rushed up the valley, power off, ash falling into the swimming pool and onto cars and buildings, sky looked like sunset many hours before sunset and very early the next day we had to pack and leave.

For us it was an inconvenience, we travelled out via Tuolumne meadows and ended up in Lone Pine a long way away. For the staff who had homes nearby it was frightening. I hadn't really appreciated how fast these fires move and how unpredictable and unstoppable they are.

So to the OP I say best wishes, I hope all is well with you and your neighbours.

...we are fortunate here in the UK that we rarely suffer. ...
May be just a matter of time and we have peat deposits ready to go.
Wherever the fires are they pump CO2 into our shared global atmosphere.
The earth's major buffers are now collapsing or reaching their limits: forest sequestering carbon, seas absorbing CO2, sea and ice buffering temperature change.
I guess we are now into a positive feedback loop, globally unstoppable. Probably have been for 50 years or more. The big tipping point well past.
UK most likely will be hit by interruptions in food supplies before anything else.
Those who imagine that human activity is somehow separate from natural process are deluded - we just happen to be one amongst many invasive species Invasive Species and completely natural.
The difference is that we are supposed know more about what is going on than the others and we are supposed to be able to control what we do in an intelligent way.
"To be invasive, a species must adapt to the new area easily. It must reproduce quickly. It must harm property, the economy, or the native plants and animals of the region."
I might whip down the road later and buy a bottle or two!

Last edited:
Yes, well. I hope nobody thinks I really believe any of the flat earth elvis lives stuff. I still suspect Philip the Greek though.... 🤔

Back to the reality of the original post. I have sympathy with anyone close to wildfires, we are fortunate here in the UK that we rarely suffer. I was travelling in the USA way back in 2010, on the way to Yosemite south entrance we passed 2 fire trucks dealing with what looked like a small fire at the roadside. 10 miles up the road we checked in to our accommodation, booked for 3 nights, then took a walk. 4 or 5 hours later the fire had rushed up the valley, power off, ash falling into the swimming pool and onto cars and buildings, sky looked like sunset many hours before sunset and very early the next day we had to pack and leave.

For us it was an inconvenience, we travelled out via Tuolumne meadows and ended up in Lone Pine a long way away. For the staff who had homes nearby it was frightening. I hadn't really appreciated how fast these fires move and how unpredictable and unstoppable they are.

So to the OP I say best wishes, I hope all is well with you and your neighbours.
I spent a year in Alberta preparing and running some ranges for the British army at BATUS and in the middle of summer the speed the prairie fires could spread at on a windless day was quite stunning..you only had to turn your back on one you thought you’d extinguished for mere seconds and it could be back upto over a 100 yards of marching fire front again.
My thoughts and best wishes go out to all those affected and battling these events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back