wii docking station

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorlarf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have bought my daughter a wii for christmas & want to have the hand controllers with rechargable batteries & keep eveything nice & tidy.
but i am getting mixed reviews over the docking station regarding the charging of the handsets do any of our members have one & what do they think?

I dont have a docking station, just shove new batteries in as needed. Unless you are using it alot this is not that often - witha 6 year old and a 3 year old (and me 8-[ ) its probably about once every three months. Thats from weekend useage and occasional weekday play. A teenager may well get through batteries a bit quicker!

Steve.

We went for standard rechargable batteries with a 3 pin charger, for 2 good reasons.
The kids never put anything back, so they`d never get charged if left to them.
It`s something else left pluged in, cluttering under the TV.

We have this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... ccessories

We've had it since we bought the Wii 18 months ago and have never had a moment's trouble with it - sometimes it's a bit tricky to get the remotes to settle precisely on the metal contacts but once you get into the habit of plugging them in every few days it's never left us without charged controllers ready to play.

We've not had to replace the batteries either, so all is good from our point of view.

Cheers

Alan

We got one for our wii when Woolworths went bust they were selling them off cheap.

I have never used it as it charges off the USB socket on the wii which is only on when the wii is powered up which is useless because you are using it then. :roll:

chippy1970":2rih6iyk said:
We got one for our wii when Woolworths went bust they were selling them off cheap.

I have never used it as it charges off the USB socket on the wii which is only on when the wii is powered up which is useless because you are using it then. :roll:
Ah, mine is different, normal 13a plug.

chippy1970":25ivqif6 said:

My grandkids plug it into their computer to charge them.

Back