why ebay is amazing. check this out :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobytools

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to gloat everyone i was just flicking through ebay and had a pop at this lot! I made a bid and won! Anyways when they came this evening I was very happy with what it contained. I had a good idea what the items where but never expected this! Here is what i got.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231072958367? ... 1497.l2649

.No. 113 compass plane made by Stanley. Adjuster knob is marked 'Stanley Rule & Level Co', also marked with 'Pat'd June 77.79'. Retains a good length cutter marked 'Stanley Pat Ap'l 19-92'. Top of blade.

.Sargent 408 type 3 with Stanley iron

.Stanley no 9 1/2 block old type with wheel adjuster.

.record 078 (junk) like my wood version.

.record no 5 1/2

And to my luck a beautiful Norris London rebate plane.
Has steel stamped on the toe,and the humber 11 on the heel above the strike button. has original iron with 11 also stamped onto it, and what looks like TN and the top of the snaked iron, full length iron in amazing con, and still sharp.
the plane is 3/4 wide 8' long and 2 1/2 tall,
my first Norris plane ever, today is a good day :))

What can anyone tell me about the Norris?

All the irons cut beautifully and have no chips or pitting who ever owned these looked after them.
I can't believe others didn't spot this
thanks
TT

Attachments

• photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,488
  • photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,488
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,488
Bleedin' Nora!!! Toby!

That is one stunning haul!

The collecting world must have been half asleep when you won that lot there.

I really don't need to tell you about the Norris rebate...you can find copious amounts of information on the net, all of which will tell you how much of a bargain you got!

The SRL compass alone is what you paid for the whole lot!

I'd keep checking eBay...you have the touch my friend!

BRAVO!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jimi

what model is the norris how do you tell?
i think your right i have a talent for special deals.
i had the biggest grin when i saw it.
all way wanted a norris and now i have one :)))

cheer mate
TT

they where listed rather badly and the description was just as bad, i was praying it would of been a spires or a mathieson, never would of though it could of been a Norris.
im so glad but, i think i have the Norris bug now.......

TT

It does seem to be in rather good company in that first photo... time for a group shot?

AndyT":1resg2j6 said:
It does seem to be in rather good company in that first photo... time for a group shot?

he does sit nicely next to his big and little brothers, shame about the wedge damage, the mouth is very tight and whats better there isn't someones name stamped on it like smaller one, the biggest one has a name but its very nicely done.

TT

Very nice. Well done. I had a look at these but Newark is way to far away.
Sometimes a cracking deal is to be had locally & I'm prepared to go over to get it. After all, it's an auction.

Question... As you're in Bournemouth did you collect?? An awfully long way.

A good tip in these "collection only" circumstances is to arrange a courier to pick them up after you've won the auction.

It's then just a case of sticking them in a box and sticking the pre-made label on it.

For what it's worth, I use INTERPARCEL via UPS STANDARD and it has been perfect every time....including fragile optical stuff.

It's cheaper than most too and you don't have to pay any excess that the seller may add in a sale who quotes postage.

Jimi

kreed":24s7ugc8 said:
Sometimes a cracking deal is to be had locally & I'm prepared to go over to get it. After all, it's an auction.

I never collect unless the items are seriously close or I'm up their way. I use a courior almost every time. Myhermes or what ever is cheapest. To get items to mine cost £7.20. A lot cheaper than file costs :)
Thanks for not bidding me up

TT

tobytools":1ig0oc8s said:
kreed":1ig0oc8s said:

I never collect unless the items are seriously close or I'm up their way. I use a courior almost every time. Myhermes or what ever is cheapest. To get items to mine cost £7.20. A lot cheaper than file costs :)

TT
There's always next time.....
;)

kreed":29hx912o said:
tobytools":29hx912o said:
kreed":29hx912o said:

TT
There's always next time.....
;)

There all ways is a next time, I think I was karma for me missing out of a norris a couple of weeks ago.
On a negative note I'm now flat broke. Have to sell some boot fair gear on the bay now :( (Agro)

TT

Same here. Went to Northampton this morning to collect a range of bits from Ebay; £25.
Lovely old (split nuts) Buck handsaw (no time atm to check it thoroughly). Range of King Dick/Britool spanners & other assorted pliers & bits. Lots of old cabinet makers screwies, an unused fence sprayer, strimmer, big stillson in good nick, & the 'piece de resistance' a James Howarth drawknife.
Old chap just retired & off to Alicante for 6 months.
As usual, anything useful for the home I'll keep, good tools I'll keep, & the odd bits I'll sell on.

I have to say I get more at the boot fairs than on Ebay for my junk... :shock:

i haven't got the time to do a stall and taking and unpacking all that stuff for someone to say ill give you 50p its not worth it, i know a few tools dealers that always on the look out for certain things, out of this lot ill sell the block and 078, the 5/12 is a keeper, i have 2 5 1/2's but they are both different widths,
that draw knife sounds nice :)

TT

Yep, I'm busting to have a look at the drawknife & saw, but it's battening down the hatches time in the garden. I'm not chasing fence panels again!!

Grayorm":30wfszmr said:
Wow you cheeky monkey! How did I not see that lot? Nice haul.

Good job nobody posted a thread about it... I don't think Toby would have been too happy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BugBear

Back