why am i stalling my radial arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selwyn

Established Member
Reaction score
Dewalt 1751

New 60 tooth 10" blade

Still seems to stop dead now and again. Getting fed up - hardwood but not silly deep - 1-2" max - do I need to do more shallow cuts

Getting fed up

How old is it, does it have a universal motor, if so are the brushes worn and loosing contact with the armature ?

Alternately when it stops is it when the supply cable is in the same place, does flexing the cable cause the motor to stop or start up again?

You said it is a new blade, is it the correct type, ie negative rake to stop it from biting too deep.

Negative rake should stop it grabbing, can't see that cross cutting has any relevance.

If the blade has a positive rake it will pull the blade into the stuff and can cause it to stall. Worse still the blade can suddenly rush forward faster and with more energy than you can control. Anything in the way gets a trim! I've once, just once used a positive raked blade......the darn thing came for me, but luckily missed! Never, ever again will I use a table saw blade in a RAS!

Back