Wholesale redwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about buying redwood wholesale? Contacts? And of course what is the saving like? How many would I need to buy? There usually 4.5m 9 by x.

The more you buy the cheaper it gets, there is normally a good price if you buy the whole pallet or pack so no one has to process it.
Ring around and ask is probably the only way to find out.
I use A grade timber ( they have been bought by someone and changed their name now ) but I don't often buy big loads of redwood.

Does anyone have any information about buying redwood wholesale? Contacts? And of course what is the saving like? How many would I need to buy? There usually 4.5m 9 by x.
Try any timber supplier. Redwood (scots pine) is about the most common timber available and comes in a wide range of sizes from 4x1" up and varied lengths in multiples of 300mm from 3m ish to well over 5.1m.
I used to buy from Snows but not sure if they still exist. Was £500 minimum order but most yards do any quantity but don't cut to length so you have to have whatever they can offer.
Swedish "unsorted" is the best and can be very good.
In a good yard you don't get to chose - you buy by grade and take it as it comes. Otherwise the best would be taken first, effectively down grading whatever is left
PS don't be shy about asking them - they want you to buy and buy again, if their sales team are any good they will be helpful

Last edited:
Guys on a joinery forum tell me there currently paying £6 a linear metre for 9 by 2 unsorted. They get this on 100 linear metres as an arrangement.
I pay £10 per linear metre on 4.5m.
Before covid it was more like £4 linear metre. Many importers want you to buy a pack( no idea how much that is)

I got some unsorted redwood 6x2 last week but only a couple of lengths, paid £4.30 + vat a linear metre.

On the same delivery was a few lengths of 6x1 Accoya, that was £11.15 m + vat :cry:

In what now seems like a previous life I remember buying redwood by the pack (probably 4.5m3) for about £300 and thinking it was expensive................

I'd probably get 100m of red at £6 as it's a decent saving. I'm guessing the timber yards split a pack or something. They must end up with a few very scrappy bits though. The quality is much more important than the price for me tbh. I can select from a few of the better baulks. Pith free, minimal/no sap, minimal knots, not ridiculous amounts of resin( resin is better outside though it clogs everything up.)
I've had 6by2 fifths

Back