whitehead bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangermouse 2nd

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got this off ebay and really pleased. Tip top quality bit of kit. last another 50 years no bother. Came from a school, so hardly any work and well looked after.

Attachments

• !!!.jpg
    !!!.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 99
Dangermouse 2nd":ow5cohc0 said:
Just got this off ebay and really pleased. Tip top quality bit of kit. last another 50 years no bother. Came from a school, so hardly any work and well looked after.

I almost bought one of these, but the sale fell through. They are seriously heavy despite being fairly small.

Most have been messed around with a lot - missing lights, belt covers replaced with cobbled together replacements etc.

This looks fairly original though (maybe the isolator switch is new?), so maybe a good find. The only draw backs I could see on the one I looked at is that the depth of cut isn't that great given the heft of the thing, and the original guides are a bit iffy. All sortable though...

There isn't a lot of info around about Whitehead, I think these things were produced between the 1930's and early 60's in the Atlas works in Blackburn.

The value of these things varies wildly, they can go from any up to £300-400 to barely make £100 sometimes.

I might be getting one of those little bandsaws. they look pretty stout things. I've got a whitehead morticer which is a beast

My Whitehead is a 6 inch Planer, made in 1956
GtWB4jth.jpg

3 hp 240 volt and works really well :)

Back